cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

two dead 750 ssd's (2 hours & 2 days)

pbrow3
New Contributor

Hi,

I bricked one 750 ssd after about 2 hours of on time. The second replacement ssd died after a few days.

I'm kinda wondering what's happening here.

The 1st drive died before I could really use it and has been replaced. The second was working fine as my root file system and

failed on system power on. I'm waiting to return this device. I'm not getting a replacement.

I'm running a Linux system, 4.2.0 on a p9x79 motherboard. It has 3 pcie 3.0 slots, In both cases the ssd was running fine

and failed to respond on power up.

Are there any Linux s/w tools to query what the problem is?

8 REPLIES 8

pbrow3
New Contributor

Hi,

I'm sending the defective ssd back to Newegg. If you figure out what the problem is please

let me know. I'm looking at a different ssd. Suggestions would be welcome. Sadly

it cannot be another 750 until the cause of the two previous ssd's is figured out.

But, if the new drive fails I'll let you know.

ASouz7
Valued Contributor

brown10,

Thank you for all the information provided. Please know that noted your request in case we hear soemthing similar from other customers. In order for us to properly troubleshoot the drives, we would need to have it available for testing. If you ever face any issue with our drives, please let us know so we can find the best way to assist you.

pbrow3
New Contributor

Hi,

I returned the two drives to Newegg. Will they not return them to you? I'm sure they want a refund.

ASouz7
Valued Contributor

brown10,

It is ok, please don't worry about it. We are sure they will contact their suplier to help them with whatever returning procedure they have. It is just for you to know that in case the PoP refuses to replace or even refund, our customer can always start the warranty process with us as long as the issue is not induced.