cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when SFF 8639 aka U.2 cables will be available on Market

fbayi
New Contributor II

Intel selling p3700/ p3600 / p3500 series 2.5" form factor SSD / NVMe drives.. but there is a problem here although intel 750 series has sff 8639 cables in their boxes , other series has no cables .. and Intel explain the situation because of Enterprise systems has no need.. but is it forbidden to use these high-end ssd 's other than enterprise systems..

first .. why these SSD's has no cable on their boxes

second.. why these U.2 / SFF 8639 cables are not available on market / online stores..

third .. when these cables will be available..

22 REPLIES 22

JPitt5
New Contributor

Thanks Jonathan. What do you do when a customer has an Intel 750 with a broken cable? Do you automatically replace them under warranty?

ASouz7
Valued Contributor

rfu3,

Unfortunately the warranty is limited to the SSD only. You will need to check with your local reseller.

JPitt5
New Contributor

So if I was to buy an Intel 750 SSD and accidentally break the cable, since there are no retailers for this cable, including yourselves, and there is no warranty on this cable, you would expect me to buy a whole new drive? That's quite an expense for falling foul of a faulty lead. This doesn't quite meet the high level of consumer support I would expect from Intel. Are you sure this is the case?

ASouz7
Valued Contributor

rfu3,

Please check your private messages.

PHo5
New Contributor

Hi Aleki_intel, I am in the same boat. I need a replacement cable for my Intel SSD and I dont expect to have to buy a new hard drive just for the cable. Please assist! Thank You