cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

will the intel ssd migration software work with the 750 SSD AIC?

zyuan2
New Contributor II

will the intel ssd migration software work with the 750 SSD PCI-E add in card?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ASouz7
Valued Contributor

Hello zhe1274,

The Intel® Data Migration Software will not work for this purpose. It is important that uEFI drivers and BIOS settings be used with NVMe devices. Existing OS installs are unlikely to have these settings. A fresh install is recommended. Please check this link: http://www.intel.com/support/ssdc/hpssd/ssd-750/sb/CS-035483.htm Intel® SSD 750 Series — Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

ASouz7
Valued Contributor

Hello vinnivanhood,

Please know that the 5-unit pack is for when the reseller buys from Intel. It is important that you know that the reseller may choose the way it will be sold. And that is usually by unit.

VErb
New Contributor

OK so Newegg buys them from Intel as single units or in 5-packs with the different model names but resells them individually either way.

It doesnt make sense that they would charge $5 more for the ones they are buying in fives,

but thank you for very much for clarifying that they are in fact identical units!

SPol
New Contributor

I was able to migrate my windows 8.1 from 4 x ssd raid0 drive to Intel 750 SSD AIC without any problem by using free AOMEI Backupper. New disk performance is great.

EGlas1
New Contributor

I can confirm I was able to migrate from my previous AHCI/SATA SSD to the Intel 750 using the free (standard) version of AOMEI Backupper as slava_pol mentions above.

Prior to performing the cloning, I booted into Windows 10 (x64) and added the Intel NVMe driver.

The software required a social media post advertising the product (I used Twitter) to unlock the Clone functionality. Motherboard used was "ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming".

Side note - I did not notice an increased boot delay when using the 750 as the boot device with this motherboard. System boots just as fast (or faster) than my previous SATA SSD.

PEden
New Contributor

More confirmation that AOMEI Backupper works for this.

I too had to make a twitter post about the software to unlock the clone functionality. I installed the driver first, cloned the OS, removed the old drive with the OS on, rebooted.. worked first time. Random read is 2300 MB/s!