cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

windows 7 hard disk failure notification

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

hello,

I am using an intel SS DSA2M160G2GC drive and received a warning from Windows 7 saying that Windows has detected an error in the hard drive and that I should backup it immediately and call the support. It says (not in english): "the following disks are reporting failure: intel SS DSA2M160G2GC SCSI Disk Device". The system is Dell XPS Studio 1340, running Windows 7 home premium 64bit.

In addition, on trying to run Norton Ghost 15 drive backup I get the following error message:

"-Unable to create incremental recovery point.

--Error E7C3000F: Device \\?\SymantecSnapshot0 cannot read 4472 sectors starting at LBA 132412680.

---Error EBAB03F1:

‏‏לא היתה אפשרות לבצע את הבקשה עקב שגיאה של התקן פלט/קלט.

(UMI:V-0-187-131)

"

the translation of the message is "there was no possibility of processing the request due to an error in input/output device".

I am able to reproduce this error message every time I run the drive backup using Norton Ghost.

This is the first time I am having these error messages. The drive worked perfectly for the past few months since I bought it.

Can I solve this problem by using chkdsk or by writing zeros to the the whole drive?

I will be grateful for your help.

Regards,

Amir

16 REPLIES 16

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I Have Answer For your Question,

Question: "Intel SSD X.25 M not detected on Intel board"

ANSWER:

First I want To Clarify the Following Thing.

The RAID CARD You Use Has the Following Technology called

1."Storage Controller with SSD caching is built on the same Unified Serial® (SATA/SAS) architecture" ?

Unless your RAID CARD Has this Architecture it will not be Detected in the COMBINED SATA and SSD Drives State.

I Ask You To View The Following Website Link For The Proof

" http://www.adaptec.com/en-US/products/Controllers/Hardware/ssd-caching/entry/SAS-2405Q/"

2.Then You want To use The SAME SIZE OF HARD DISK FOR THIS MIRRORING OR RAID OPERATION

3. Windows 7 ULTIMATE 32 / 64 Bit Operating System must be Used For RAID Operations.

4. If Your SSD is 2.5 inch then You Must use 3.5 Inch Converter if you use SATA Back Plane.

5. You Use Any SAA BACK PLANE ? It must be used For HOTSWAP Operations , But This is Optional Only.

Intel Manufactures The Product.

Product Code : AXX6DRV3GEXP

Proof: http://www.intel.com/assets/pdf/general/config_guide_102207.pdf

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=19128&lang=eng

The Reason For Your Problem is

1. NOT USING Raid Card With Storage Controller with SSD caching is built on the same Unified Serial® (SATA/SAS) architecture

2. NOT USING SAME SIZE OF HARD DISK FOR THIS MIRRORING OR RAID OPERATIONS.

3. NOT USING Windows 7 ULTIMATE Version Operating System.

When You Solve These Two Things Surely Your SSD Will be Accepted By Windows 7 Operating System.

I am Very Sure Your SSD will work in this Solution. Because SSD uses Seperate Data Entry Algorithm.

Thank you.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi,,

Sorry, but I didn't understand the answer.

I'm not using RAID in that machine.

Regards,

Amir.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Have you tried clicking on Run Full Diagnostic Scan?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

OK, Drive has been sent to Intel, they sent me a new one so I guess it was a hardware issue. Seems to work fine by now, yet I still can't use the SSD Toolbox on that machine (it says "Error connecting to drive") even though the BIOS is updated to A14 version.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

If I enter command prompt as an administrator, going to C:\Windows\System32 then type:

fsutil behavior query disabledeletenotify

I get the following line:

DisableDeleteNotify = 0

Do I really need the SSD Toolbox in order to optimize the drive?

Amir