Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CChri30
Beginner

windows on ssd

Le disque C: de mon NUC est très rempli, j'aimerais le migrer sur mon disque SSD. Est ce possible? Comment faire ?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello ChrisPi,

According to our translator system, you would like to clone the existing drive since it is very full?

We would like also to get more information about this:

-What is the NUC model you have?

-The form factor of the current drive you have installed? (M.2 or SATA)

We will be waiting for your response.

Regards,

NC
idata
Community Manager

Hi ChrisPi,

We are following up and we would like to know if you were able to read our previous e-mail or if you require any assistance.

Regards,

NC
CChri30
Beginner

My C: disk is far shorter than my D: disk and almost full, see:

CChri30
Beginner

I think D: is a SATA disk, I put inside the NUC with the cable I received from you

I think the Windows Update version 1067 has not enough room to install itself.

here what is install on the C;, a lot were able to be install on d: but not all

idata
Community Manager

Hello ChrisPi,

Thanks for sharing screenshots of the situation. We can tell either you have two drives or a single drive partitioned, if the drive was partitioned, you may want to make sure to put at least 100 GB space on C:\, this because as you can see right now, the C:\ drive is only 27.8 GB space.

The windows update will definitely be installed in your operating system partition and it requires more space so you can use it.

Let us know if you require further assistance.

Regards,

NC
CChri30
Beginner

I don't known much about partition. I just bought the Nuc pre installed and bought an SDD to get more room.

I feel that the W10 system is not on a partition, may be 2 disks ?

I mignt need some help for the how to do.

idata
Community Manager

Hello CrhisPi,

Thanks for replying back. We would like to know, what is the model of SSD you bought?

The C:\ drive is the one with Windows 10, but it is only 27.8 GB size, that's why is almost full, so for us to help you out further, we need to know the model of SSD you have to properly address this situation and give you the best support.

Regards,

NC
idata
Community Manager

Hello ChrisPi,

We are following up the thread and we would like to know if you could provide us with the model of your SSD?

We will be waiting for your response.

Regards,

NC
CChri30
Beginner

The SSD I bought and install is https://www.amazon.fr/gp/r.html?C=29J6ME40FPC37&K=A1PMI3R3YJ125Z&R=2B2YX5O6DYF73&T=C&U=https://www.a... Disque SSD Sata III SanDisk Ultra II 480 Go, 2,5 pouces avec une vitesse de lecture allant jusqu'à 550 Mo/s (SDSSDHII-480G-G25)

Why the Original disk is sold so short in place to follow W10.

idata
Community Manager

Hello ChrisPi,

We understand the SSD you have installed is a SanDisk* branded. In this case what we can suggest is to try to get in contact with the manufacturer of the disk and ask them if there is something you need to do in order to properly install the disk.

SanDisk contact information: 1-866-726-3475 or please try the http://kb-fr.sandisk.com/app/ask/ online service request here

Regards,

NC