I have spent the last 4 sleepless nights trying to figure out how to get a WIDE range of Linux Distros to support/optimize TRIM in my 2x X25-M drives in Raid0. I have been working with Debian Squeeze and Ubuntu Server (9.10 and also 10.4), both with Ext4, latest Kernel 220.127.116.11 (which supposively has TRIM support enabled - heard conflict reports?).
For the life of me, it seems SSDs are just to new to both Windows/Linux worlds - the number of optimzations I've had to follow:
- Alignment of earse blocks
- Changing of I/O Schedulers to 'noop' or 'deadline'
- Addition of 'noatime' and 'nodiratime'
- Moving logs off to RAMDisk
- Recompiling of latest Kernels
- Disabling Swap
- Firmware is latest (FYI)
... The list is endless - so I come here, with hope that users of this board would be able to point me in the right direction to get things up and running.