Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7428 Discussions

[21.50] Event ID 3 - iBtSiva Path Not found

VDuvernet
Beginner

Hello,

I saw this error on my Dell Inspiron 7773 when looking for something else. It looks like an old problem since user are reporting it since a few years.

I've updated the driver but still have this error.

Is this problem reported and will be patched ?

Thanks,

Vincent

0 Kudos
16 Replies
VDuvernet
Beginner

I've found these entries in Registry :

Ordinateur\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Components\148A98B834F5ED64197D5B5B7E2F293E

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Components\321C4B1624048A9428D365898F0211CB

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Components\33492E35679CF66479D6308A6BC760A5

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Components\7F44813DB4EDF0D4A967AE7694B9DBFC

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Components\95FA75CBE0508E1418537F49B72606AC

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Components\A894681B5E883EC4489CA37BC099F4DD

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Components\EA5987BF20A7EB8478F4019AC80C22F4

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Components\ED954F1F7DD225E46B0743F76AE93BF4

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup\PnpLockdownFiles\%SystemRoot%/system32/ibtsiva.exe

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\ibtsiva

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\ibtsiva

the first entries point on folder : C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Bluetooth\drivers\ibtusb\CCP\Win10Release\x64

which contains the latest version : 21.50.0.1

the 3 last (in bold) point on folder : C:\Windows\System32

which contains an older version : 20.100.6.3

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello VDuvernet,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to check this further, could you please provide the following information?

1- Are you experiencing any performance or connectivity issue or is this just related to events being reported/logged in Windows® Event Viewer?

2- Is the Wireless Adapter the one that came originally pre-installed on the computer by the manufacturer?

3- Please run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report to this thread.

3.1- Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

3.2- Open the application and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".

3.3- To save your scan, click Next and click Save.

4- Are other devices experiencing the issue? Either it is yes or no, please provide details (brands, models, Wireless Card models, and driver versions).

5- Additional details regarding the environment:

Computer power source (plugged in or battery):

Environment (office, school, hospital, factory, home):

6- Please provide the complete Windows® System event and WLAN-AutoConfig logs without filter (clear previous log before reproducing issue).

1. In Windows search, search for “event” and select “Event Viewer” 
  2. On the left pane, expand “Windows Logs” 
  3. Right-click on “System” and select “Clear Log…” 
  4. Expand “Applications and Service Logs” -> “Microsoft” -> “Windows” -> “WLANAutoConfig” 
  5. Right-click on “Operational” and select “Clear Log…” 
  6. Reproduce issue.
  7. Reference above steps (instead of Clear Log… choose Save All Events as…) to save the system event and WLAN-AutoConfig logs in .evtx format. 

Note: To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom left-hand corner of the response box. You may attach all files to a single zip file.

Regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
VDuvernet
Beginner

Hello

here are asked informations :

1) No connectivity issues except sometimes where PC freezes during a few seconds (I'm not sure for the moment if only bluetooth is frozen or entiere PC).

2) The wireless adapter is the one installed with computer. it wasn't replaced or added. But Timestamp refers to july 2019

3) SSU report is attached

4) I have a similar product : Dell Inspiron 7786. Wireless driver is 20.60.1.1 but I found no trace of ibtsiva on disk or registry.

5) computer are running Win 10 Pro build 1909 on both. I haven't updated drivers on 7786 for the moment.

Vincent

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello VDuvernet,

Thank you for your response and the information provided.

It seems that we are missing the Windows® System event and WLAN-AutoConfig logs without filter as per request on point 6 in our previous post. Could you please double-check and/or let us know if you need more time to collect this information?

Also, regarding the Dell Inspiron 7786, could you please confirm the Wireless model, driver version and Windows® version on it as a reference?

Regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
VDuvernet
Beginner

Here are the logs. My computer with the ID3 is Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165.

For the Dell Inspiron 7786 without the problem, it's a Wireless-AC 9560 using driver 21.20.1.1

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello VDuvernet,

Thank you for the information provided.

We would like to recommend the following steps to see what the behavior is:

Please perform a clean installation of both Wireless and Bluetooth* drivers following these steps:

1- Uninstall Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software, and Bluetooth driver from Programs and Features or Apps and Features. You may follow this link as a reference:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005587/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html

2- Check on Device Manager, and uninstall any related Wireless or Bluetooth* driver that still shows up:

Please refer to the following link for details:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005756/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html

3- Then, proceed to install both drivers Bluetooth and Wireless from the DELL™ Website since those are the customized drivers for your laptop. You can download the drivers from this link*:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/cr/es/crbsdt1/product-support/product/inspiron-17-7773-2-in-1-laptop/drivers

Also, please refer to the following link for instructions regarding the Clean Installation of Wireless Drivers:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-io/wireless-networking.html

If the issue persists after testing with Dell's drivers, you can repeat the previous steps and test with the Intel's generic drivers:

If the issue persists, please kindly report the outcome after testing the drivers and confirm the following details:

A- Since the timestamp refers to July 2019, was there any software, hardware, or Windows® update change at that time?

B- It seems the system is running an Insider Preview of Windows® (Build number 19035). Is this correct? Has the system been running Windows® Insider™ Preview versions from the time the issue happened for the first time?

Regards,

Andrew G.

*Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third party endorsement of Intel® or any of its products is implied.

0 Kudos
VDuvernet
Beginner

hello

Yes I'm running Windows Insider. Not sure when this problem appears first.

I've uninstalled Wifi & Bluetooth. ibtsiva.exe & ibtproppage.dll are removed from %WINDIR%\System32. When I reboot computer files are not back.

when Wifi is re-installed, Windows auto install Bluetooth using a 20.x version and files are back.

0 Kudos
VDuvernet
Beginner

Next try :

• I've disabled WiFi. Uninstalled BT, reboot. All is OK, files are not back.
  • Then installed "BT_21.60.0_64_Win10.exe" using default install. File are back (version 20.100.6.4). Driver version is 20.100.6.4. But Add/Remove programs report Intel Wireless Bluetooth version 21.60.0.4.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello VDuvernet,

Thank you for your response.

Regarding the details you provided, could you please clarify the following to understand better the outcome?

1- After testing with the clean install of the driver does the same behavior persist?

2- Were you able to test the clean install using the drivers from the DELL™ support website? What was the outcome?

3- When you mentioned "files are back", do you mean only to "ibtsiva.exe & ibtproppage.dll and files" or these also refer to the Windows® Registry entries or Windows Event logs? Could you please elaborate more on these details?

4- Does the system still experience freezing issues during a few seconds?

Regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
VDuvernet
Beginner

Hello,

I've done tests today with more clear informations :

Desactivate WiFi

Uninstall Intel Wireless Bluetooth 21.60.0.4

Device manager -> uninstall Intel Wireless Bluetooth device

Check 'C:\Windows\System32' : none of ibtsiva.exe & ibtproppage.dll files are present

reboot

default install of 'Intel-3160-3165-7260-7265-8260-8265-Bluetooth-Driver_192VX_WIN_21.10.1.1_A08_01.exe' (MD5:956935310A4455D1EB2CA0F74DCFE8CB)

Check 'C:\Windows\System32' : BOTH ibtsiva.exe & ibtproppage.dll files are present

Uninstall Intel Wireless Bluetooth 21.10.1.1

Device manager -> uninstall Intel Wireless Bluetooth device

Check 'C:\Windows\System32' : none of ibtsiva.exe & ibtproppage.dll files are present

reboot

default install of 'BT_21.60.0_64_Win10.exe'(MD5:08F376C81C4337EF7C2716EDCFB820F4)

Check 'C:\Windows\System32' : BOTH ibtsiva.exe & ibtproppage.dll files are present with version 20.100.6.4

Device manager reports Intel Wireless Bluetooth 20.100.6.4

Reactivate Wifi

• The officiel Intel driver don't seems to install the correct Bluetooth driver version (20.100.6.4 instead of 21.60.0) ?
  • Both Intel & Dell driver install files 'ibtsiave.exe' & 'ibtproppage.dll' in %windir%\system32
  • Event ID 3 is always fired when bluetooth driver is installed
  • Not seen any freeze for the moment

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello VDuvernet,

Thank you for your response and all the details provided.

Regarding your inquiries, it is worth mentioning that the driver versions you are seeing (20.100.6.4 instead of 21.60.0) is correct and this is not an issue with the driver installer but this is indeed the expected behavior. This is due to the difference between the package version and the driver version.

The package version for the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 is 21.60.0, however, the driver version is 20.100.6.4. These details are available in the driver's download page under "Detailed Description >> Purpose":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29264/Intel-Wireless-Bluetooth-for-Windows-10?product=89450

You can also verify this information in the Release Notes under "Supported Products and Driver Versions", page 1. The document provides details regarding the Package version (21.60.0) and details of the actual driver version depending on the Wireless Adapter model:

https://downloadmirror.intel.com/29264/eng/ReleaseNotes_BT_21.60.0.pdf

Having said that, what you are seeing on "Add/Remove programs" is the package version (21.60.0.4), and Device Manager is showing the actual driver installed (20.100.6.4) which is part of the package version 21.60.0.4 and this is the default and expected behavior.

I hope this helps to clarify your inquiry and also, we would like to know if the system is still working without any freezing issues at the moment.

Please let us know if you have additional inquiries.

Regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
VDuvernet
Beginner

Hello,

- this implementation is really weird so as not to match the product and driver number. It creates significant confusion I think. But thank you for these details which allow me to better understand.

Do we hope to see it harmonized one day?

- concerning the generation of ID 3, it is always launched when the PC starts or when it wakes up from sleep.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello VDuvernet,

Thank you for your response.

"Ibtsiva" relates to the software service that runs after certain sleep cycles and restarts the Bluetooth device upon Bluetooth detection and if you are not experiencing any issues this points out that it is working fine since there is no warning error associated, even after checking the Event logs.

Regarding your inquiry about the "harmonization" of the drivers, it is worth mentioning that at this moment there are no plans to line up package and driver versions and this differs depending on the OS and the adapter, however, we have shared your feedback with the relevant department.

Should you have additional inquiries, please let us know.

Regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello VDuvernet,

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if the Bluetooth device is working fine or if you were able to check the information previously provided or if you have additional inquiries.

Regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
VDuvernet
Beginner

Bluetooth is working well. Just had a freeze this week during a few seconds that impact TouchPad too (not sure for keyboard). So it may be a deeper problem with Windows.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello VDuvernet,

Thank you for your feedback and we are glad to know that Bluetooth is working well. Then, it seems that the message about iBtSiva is not an issue and just relates to software service.

Regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos