Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

21.80.2 Wi-Fi Driver Crashes the Access Point

kathampy
New Contributor I

Since upgrading to the 21.80.2 Wi-Fi driver for my AX200, my PC periodically disconnects from the SSID and crashes the entire access point, disconnecting everyone from the network.

This issue previously occurred with the 21.60.2 driver, which I previously reported here:

https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D70P000006fOvl/21602-wifi-driver-crashes-the-access-point

The same issue started occurring again with the 21.80.2 driver. I have already performed the troubleshooting steps in the previous thread to no avail.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel

kathampy, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the motherboard?

If this is a laptop, what is the model of it?

What is the model of the Router?

Is this a new computer?

Was it working fine before?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

The wireless card, did you purchased it separately or did it came installed on the computer?

When did the issue start?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Did you check with your Internet service provider to make sure the Internet is working properly?

Does the problem happen at home or work environment?

How many computers do you have that are showing the same symptoms?

What would you consider will be the impact of the Intel® Wireless card not working properly?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
kathampy
New Contributor I

>What is the model of the motherboard?

EVGA X299 Dark

>What is the model of the Router?

Zyxel Armor Z2

>Is this a new computer?

No

>Was it working fine before?

Yes

>Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

Wi-Fi driver may have been automatically updated through Windows Update.

>The wireless card, did you purchased it separately or did it came installed on the computer?

Separately

>When did the issue start?

27th April 2020.

>Which Windows* version are you using?

Windows 10 x64 Version 2004 Build 19041.207

>Did you check with your Internet service provider to make sure the Internet is working properly?

Yes

>Does the problem happen at home or work environment?

Home

>How many computers do you have that are showing the same symptoms?

This computer triggers the problem and disconnects all other computers, phones, and tablets, from the SSID. Other devices do not disconnect on their own if this computer is switched off.

>What would you consider will be the impact of the Intel® Wireless card not working properly?

Cannot use Wi-Fi on this computer.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

kathampy, Thank you very much for letting us know that information.

Just to let you know, when you purchased an Intel® Wireless card separately to install it in the computer, that is considered a Wireless integration. The thing about this scenario is that there is a regulatory information in regards to this procedure. In the following link you will be able to confirm that information:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005687/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html

However, in order to try to help you, we can always try some troubleshooting steps to try to fix the problem.

You mentioned that the Wireless connection was working fine before, what was the Wireless driver installed at that moment? 

Do you have the option to install that same driver version again to confirm if the behavior is the same?

Select the Wireless Mode or HT Mode to 802.11ac only and test the connection.

Also, change the channel width from "Auto" to 20 MHz to verify if the problem remains. In the following link you will be abe to check the Advanced Intel® Wireless Adapter Settings to gather more information about the steps above:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005585/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html

For a Wireless Integration, to check with the manufacturer of the laptop/board directly before installing it is the best thing to do since there are customizations done by them that might restrict the functionality of it

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello kathampy, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
kathampy
New Contributor I

I installed a new 21.90.1.2 Wi-Fi driver which I found elsewhere. This seems to have resolved the issue.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

kathampy, Thank you very much for sharing those results.

Perfect, excellent, it is great to hear that the problem got fixed by installing Wireless driver version 21.90.1.2.

Any other inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Marwan_IT
Beginner

Hi Albert,

Is it possible to get an official release of version 21.90.1.2 from Intel?

Regards,

Marwan

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Marwan.IT, Please submit your inquiry on a new thread, the reason for this is that every scenario is different even if the same product is being used, so for us to better assist you and in order to try to fix the problem, please submit a new thread:

https://communities.intel.com/community/tech

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Marwan_IT
Beginner

Is it necessary to submit a new thread if we have the same issue, product, and the suggested fix?

We have been dealing with the same connectivity problem for almost a month. Once we installed version 21.90.1.2 from the site below on a test computer the issue was resolved

https://www.station-drivers.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=352&func=fileinfo&id=4407&lang=en

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Marwan.IT, Thank you very much for providing those details.

Yes, in order to confirm if it is possible to get an official release of version 21.90.1.2 from Intel®, the best thing to do will be to submit a new thread.

As an option, you can always keep checking our web site for future Intel® Wireless releases:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/

Let me apologize for any inconvenience.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos