Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

4965AGN Windows 7 driver issue

idata
Employee

This is my first post on the Intel community site. I just purchased and installed a new 4965AGN wireless ethernet card into my wife's MSI A6200 (CR620) laptop which is running Windows 7 home premium 64-bit. I removed the existing Atheros card (which was in the slot for smaller cards) and installed the 4965AGN into the other slot since it is a larger card. The installation went fine and when I turned on the laptop it installed the Windows driver for the card. I then proceeded to install the Intel driver () along with the Intel wireless management software. At this point, I was expecting the wireless icon to show up in the tray but it said that there was no card plugged in. I checked the device manager and it showed the card and said it was working correctly.

I then opened up the network and sharing center and clicked on the wireless connection to diagnose the connection. It ran and said that there are driver issues. I switched back to the Microsoft driver and got the same result. When I run the manual tests it says that there is either no card installed or that the driver doesn't support the tests.

Can anyone tell me what might be going on here? Is there some kind of problem with the latest driver and Windows 7? Any ideas on how to proceed to get the 4965AGN to work in the laptop? Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

I just wanted to add a bit of additional information. The wireless card that I pulled out of the MSI CR620 was a half mini PCI card. The 4965AGN that I put in is a mini card and had to be installed in the other slot. Would that possibly be part of the issue?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

OK, based on feedback in other forums, it looks like I'll probably return the 4965AGN and get a half mini wireless PCIe card. Based on my experience with this card so far, I'm not sure that I'll get another Intel card. They seem to be problematic so far.

0 Kudos