Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

5ghz disconnecting and 2ghz slow and also disconnects

SByst
Beginner

All of my other devices work except for this one. They disconnect so frequently I always have to manually disable and enable the network adapter, which is a dualband wireless AC7260

0 Kudos
9 Replies
AlHill
Super User

What is the model number of your device?

What is the model number of your processor?

What version of Windows 10? 1903? 1909?

Did the AC7260 come with your device, or did you add it yourself?

Doc

0 Kudos
SByst
Beginner

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home(10.0.16299 Build 16299)

System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.

System Model: G551JW

Network Adapter(s): Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 18.33.5.1

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4720HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz

System Type: x64-based PC

The 7260 came with the device.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

You are using version 1709, from October 2017, which is not supported by Microsoft or Intel. Get yourself upgraded to 1903 or 1909.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Doc

0 Kudos
SByst
Beginner

Unfortunatly, the internet keeps disconnecting even when it tries to download the update. Ill try and do this at another location...

0 Kudos
SByst
Beginner

Ok, I updated. It's working for now but lets see if it holds. I haven't tried the 5ghz just yet but Im worried its going to DC.

0 Kudos
SByst
Beginner

Ok the update didnt do much. The 5ghz still isnt working even when Im one room away from the router. And the 2ghz is very slow as well.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

The update made your OS supported. Now, an Intel Support Engineer can assist you.

Doc

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello SByst,

Thank you for submitting your question on this Intel® Community.

To better assist you, please provide us with the following information:

• Generate a system report with the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach it to this thread.

1. Intel® SSU Download link
  2. Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".
  3. Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  4. To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".

• The router/AP model number.
  • Are you getting error messages in Device Manager?
  • Did your system work before?

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
SByst
Beginner

Ok. So I give up. I spoke to Asus and they gave me 3 options. Uninstall the driver and reinstall it, that didnt work. Download new drivers but I already have the newest ones installed. And do a factory reset which is not what I wanted to do. I then talked to 2 intel agents, one of them told me to rollback my update that someone said I needed to do. That didnt work. The new update didnt either. Then they said that my driver is not going to be able to be worked on december. So Im just gonna give up. Im gonna uninstall the drivers and get a usb adapter.

0 Kudos