Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7428 Discussions

5ghz wifi speed issue

VyshnavMT
Beginner

Im using Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168 driver when im connecting to 5ghz wifi connection my speed is very low <25Mbps but same wifi using in another computer and mobile are speed of >100Mbps what is the issue

0 Kudos
7 Replies
VyshnavMT
Beginner

Help me guys

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

This is not interactive chat.  Be patient, and an Intel support engineer will respond.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

0 Kudos
Kaelyn
Beginner

Make sure both the wireless router and your client are using the same Wi-Fi standard and configuration. If the router/client are using different wireless standards, Wi-Fi speeds will be limited by the lower of the two standards. Please check the Default/Recommended Settings for 802.11ac Connectivity If using the 5 GHz band, use channels 36, 40, 44, or 48. If using 2.4 GHz band, use only channels 1, 6, or 11.  Connect only your Z370 Pro4-CB (Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168) computer to the wireless network and run the test again. Please post the results. Change the power options to Maximum performance. Go to Windows* updates, scan and apply all of them.

0 Kudos
Khun_Doug
Valued Contributor I

Vyshnav,

Was this working correctly as some point, but then begin to not work properly? And if so, what changed?

You don't mention the type of laptop this is. And it would also be helpful to know what type of wireless device you are attempting to connect to?

0 Kudos
VyshnavMT
Beginner

Im connecting to 5Ghz wifi for first time
my device is acer aspire 315-51_z

my wifi is jio fiber

0 Kudos
Khun_Doug
Valued Contributor I

Vyshnav,

Please download the Intel System Support Utility here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

Leave the default options, scan your system, and save the results. Then post that saved file as an attachment. The attachment will give detailed hardware analysis.

What brand and model wireless router or access point do you have connected to the Jio Fiber?

0 Kudos
VyshnavMT
Beginner

intel customer service took my case to checking the issue thank you guys 

0 Kudos