Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

60 sec connect delay with Intel Wireless-N 7260

TFurs
Novice

Hello,

I have a Windows 10 1803 64-bit Lenovo Yoga (all latest updates installed) with Intel Wireless-N 7260. Within the last few months, wireless is taking approx 60-sec to connect when the system boots or comes out of sleep. Once it connects the connection is great (never drops). The system is about 10ft from the wireless access point and initial connection behavior is repeatable regardless how close I get to the AP or if I go to a different location (e.g., library).

Intel® Driver & Support Assistant reports the system is running the latest driver (4/29/2018 - 18.33.13.4) and this behavior started either around the last Intel drive update (around when Windows 10 1803 shipped) - so I can't tell if it is a Windows issue, Intel issue or combined. The 7260 wireless worked great with all previous Win 10 builds (I kept updating the 7206 driver as the Intel Drive and Support Assistant published them). I'd prefer not to rollback to Win 10 1709.

Questions

- Are their any Intel diagnostics I can run?

- Is there a newer driver we can try that hasn't been published yet via the Intel Drive and Support Assistant?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hello, TF14. Thank you very much for posting on this Community.

About your questions:
  1. We do not have any utility in order to check the health of your Wireless adapter. You can always double check with the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) of your system if they have a hardware diagnostic tool.
  2. There is an update for your device from 7/31/2018. You can download it in the steps below.
Now, let's try the following:

Let us know how it goes.

Antony S.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello, TF14. Thank you very much for posting on this Community.

About your questions:
  1. We do not have any utility in order to check the health of your Wireless adapter. You can always double check with the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) of your system if they have a hardware diagnostic tool.
  2. There is an update for your device from 7/31/2018. You can download it in the steps below.
Now, let's try the following:

Let us know how it goes.

Antony S.
0 Kudos
TFurs
Novice

Thanks for the help - the wireless adapter connects to the network immediately now!

2 follow-ups:

* Any thoughts why the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant show that the system has the latest driver when the system was actually running a fairly old version of the driver?

* This device is a Lenovo Yoga. Lenovo stopped publishing updated drivers a long time ago - which why I started using the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant. This is fairly common practice across the OEMs. With Windows 10's semi-annual releases, it is often a requirement to update at least the WiFi drivers. Back to the first question, how can I get the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant to always provide the latest Intel WiFi driver?

Thanks again!

idata
Employee

Hello, TF14. It is really good to hear that your issue is solved now.

Regarding what Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (IDSA) shows: Do you have the latest Intel® Driver & Support Assistant installed?

Here is the download link for the latest Intel® Driver & Support Assistant version (3.5): https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24345/Intel-Driver-Support-Assistant https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24345/Intel-Driver-Support-Assistant

Antony S.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, TF14.

I would like to know if you still need assistance. If so, do not hesitate to reply to this thread.

Antony S.
0 Kudos
TFurs
Novice

Hello,

Apologies for the delay in responding. I checked the system and it is showing v 3.5.03 of the Intel Driver and Support Assistance. I ran a scan and it showed I was up to date even though a new driver release was made 1 week ago: Version: 20.80.0 (Latest) Date: 9/11/2018 - https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28143/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windows-10?v=t

Right now it seems that the Drive & Support Assistant isn't seeing new drivers for this laptop. Let me know if I can send any logs to you to help see why this happening.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, TF14. Thank you for your response.

Please keep in mind that the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant is a tool that is offered as-is and the results by using in in OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) products may vary.

In the case you would like us to continue helping you with this issue, please open a new thread with a clear explanation of the issue. Make sure you include your system information, screenshots, browser, and logs if possible.

Antony S.
0 Kudos
TFurs
Novice

Thanks again for getting the WiFi delay fixed!

0 Kudos