Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7365 Discussions

6300AGN won't connect to HP 3600dn printer

MCrow2
Beginner

Hoping someone can help. I have a Dell M6700 with an Intel Ultimate 6300 AGN wireless card. Am trying to set up an HP Color Laserjet 3600dn printer and the Intel wireless card will not talk to the HP. It won't ping it, nor see the web interface on the HP at all. But when on wifi you can ping the rest of the network, internet, etc. When I switch over to the wired interface on the laptop I can ping the HP and connect to it and the rest of the network fine.

I'm really scratching my head here as the culprit seems to be the intel wireless card, but why it won't talk to the HP is a mystery.

Can anyone assist?

Mark

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Hi Mark, did you try disabling the firewall? Based on my experience this is usually the cause.

I think another possibility is that the computer is connected to the 5 GHz band and the printer most likely uses 2.4 GHz.

0 Kudos
MCrow2
Beginner

I have disabled the firewall and the printer is of course hard wired to the network. All the other machines I have both wired and wireless can print to it fine. For some reason this Centrino wireless just won't talk to it. If you ping the gateway, a loopback, or another machine on the network it is fine. But if you try to ping the printer or go to it's internal web configuration page you can't reach it. It is the weirdest thing I have ever seen.

I'll try the band change tonight to see if that makes any difference.

Thanks !

0 Kudos