Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7428 Discussions

7256NGW gives error 10

GCamp5
Beginner

I have a HP G2 Mini 800 computer. HP have on the product description a number of wireless network cards including the 7265NGW. I am using Win10.

After installing the card in my computer and adding the drives I get an error 10. I have tried removing and replacing the card, and using both the Intel and HP drivers. In all instances the outcome is the same I get a 'error 10'.

What could be wrong?

Is the card duff?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello gck303

Thank you for joining the community.

I see that you are having problems with an error 10 on your device manager, allow me to help you with the inquiries.

I would like to verify with you if you have tried these steps to troubleshoot the error code on your system:

1. Restart your computer if you haven't done so already. The error Code 10 you're seeing could have been caused by a temporary problem in Device Manager or with the hardware. If so, a reboot might fix the Code 10 error.
  2. Remove any hardware you may add to the computer prior to the error message. There could be a device causing a hardware conflict or compatibility issues. Did you install a device or make a change in Device Manager just before the Code 10 error appeared? If so, it's possible that the change you made caused the Code 10 error. Undo the change if you can, restart your PC, and then check again for the Code 10 error.
  3. Perform a clean installation of drivers. Uninstalling and then reinstalling the drivers for the device is a likely solution to a Code 10 error. Notice that Properly reinstalling a driver is not the same as simply updating a driver. A full driver reinstall involves completely removing the currently installed driver and then letting Windows install it over again from scratch. See the link below.
  4. Update the drivers for the device. It's also very possible that installing the latest drivers for the device could correct the Code 10 error, even if these drivers were previously functional.

For reference about the process to complete a clean installation of the wireless adapter please refer to the following link:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html

I would also like to verify if the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 that you are installing on the equipment is the one that came preinstalled by HP?

Hope this help.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello gck303

I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further help. If so, please do not hesitate in replying back.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos