Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7439 Discussions

7260 AC+BT problem with both Wifi and Bluetooth

AIorg
Beginner

Laptop: Lenovo Y50-70, 8.1 x64 up to date

Wireless router: Canyon CNP-WF514N1A

Bluetooth mouse: Logitech M555B

Wifi driver: All of them. One at a time. 17.0, 17.05, 17.1, 17.13

Sometimes, and I mean it, sometimes my speedtest is ~70mpbs. At this point, my download speed is around 8Mb/s and my mouse is barely usable. The cursor slows down an lags but it can be used.

But most of the time my speedtest is around ~30mbps. My download speed is under 3 Mb/s and the mouse is unusable. The cursor has an unbelievable lag and it is basically useless.

I have tried changing the settings in Device manager. I have tried to edit the registry. I have tried to switch Bt off to test the Wifi. No change. I have tried to test Wifi by turning Bt off. No change.

No microwave interference, I barely have GSM signal at my place.

I have tried all the drivers and no driver at all.

The cursor lags when gaming, even with the Wifi turned OFF.

I ran out of ideas. I want it to work. This is the best wireless card I can get In Romania, so I cannot make an upgrade.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi ClockWork,

Let me help you.

Please try disabling uAPSD on the adapter. Check the link below to get the instructions:

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-034875.htm http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-034875.htm

I noticed there is a very new BIOS update for your computer so you should consider updating it, it could do the trick.

Besides troubleshooting steps above, you should try also updating the router firmware.

Can you please let me know if this wireless card was integrated by you or it came with the system?

Kevin M

AIorg
Beginner

Well, apparently it works. I will do a proper test later today, but for the moment it seems like it works.

The router is up to date. The laptop BIOS is 1.14 and so it is the update. There was no need to update. I think when I bought this device, it's BIOS was newer than what was on the website.

The wireless card is the one the laptop came with.

0 Kudos
AIorg
Beginner

The card works better, but far from optimal. In games I still have mouse lag, with minimal network usage,

When I wake the device from sleep, sometimes the card recognizes the WiFi signals in the area but cannot connect (or with limited connectivity) , or doesn't work at all and it needs reboot.

Is there a permanent fix yet?

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Can you please make sure you have a check mark in the box to "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" in adapter properties?

If this box is not checked, we see this wake from sleep problem occur.

Kevin M

0 Kudos
AIorg
Beginner
0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

So what was the result? Is still the same?

0 Kudos
AIorg
Beginner

Yes. No change.

I reinstalled the windows and it's up to date. Wifi speeds are around 35 mbps and Bluetooth works with a bit of lag and it disconnects every 15-20 mins.

Using USB mouse for 5 days.

0 Kudos
AIorg
Beginner

The Bluetooth mouse + wifi combo works fine if NO WINDOWS UPDATED ARE INSTALLED.

This explains why i haven't realized this problem earlier. So it's a Microsoft problem and not Intel's?

Also, the Win update installs the wifi driver V16.5

0 Kudos
tvete
Valued Contributor II

Update windows but not the WiFi drivers and see if it's fixed. Intel removed that drivers fro their site a long time ago though.

0 Kudos