Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

7260-AC HMW miniPCIe -> anntenna connector type?

RK_
Beginner

I got a Wireless-AC 7260HMW miniPCIe with Lenovo FRU 04X6010 with my second hand m93p.

Unfortunately, the antenna is missing.

When I started to look for an internal dualband antenna with pcb,

I was told the standard MHF/U.FL-LP-068 kompatible connectors will be too big,

therefore won't fit on the card.

For which connector type do I have to look for to get me the right antenna?

There's no reasonable information on the 7260ac web section available.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Rob_K.,

Please bear in mind that replacing the wireless antennas on your laptop is subject to the same restrictions limiting the instalation of wireless adapters. To avoid issues we always recommend purchasing the replacement parts from your computer manufacturer directly, and if at all possible, to choose one of their authorized service providers to work on your system.

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005687.html Regulatory Information Regarding Wireless Hardware Installation or Upgrade.

With this aside, half-mini card (HMC) adapters use the IPEX*/Hirose* U.fl connector type by standard, while their M.2 counterparts use the IPEX* MHF4 connectors.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
RK_
Beginner

Thank you for your helpful post.

You mentioned above:

"With this aside, half-mini card (HMC) adapters use the IPEX*/Hirose* U.fl connector type by standard [,,]"

Well the short "HMC" for Half-mini card and the Product name extension 7260 HMW for my half-mini card confuses me a little bit.

What does the HMW stand for?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Rob_K,

That's understandable. We use HMW in the product code, and HMC in the description. They both refer to the same thing and may be used interchangeably.

HMW = Half Mini-PCIe Wireless, Intel® nomenclature used in ordering codes, part numbers and such.

HMC = Half Mini Card. Refers to the form factor/connector type, is an industry standard.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
RK_
Beginner

Got me the right antenna due to your explanation. Thanks for your support!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Rob_K.,

That's always good to hear. You're very welcome.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos