Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7365 Discussions

7260 AC Laptop card interfering with other 2.4Ghz Devices

BWert1
Beginner

Good Evening,

It seems I've got a Windows 8.1 laptop with a 802.11AC wireless card that I replaced in the Asus laptop that is interfering with other devices in the 2.4 spectrum.

I run the laptop on 5Ghz. The issue is it seems that other 2.4Ghz devices...My Android cell phone, Roku 2 and wife's Sony Win 8.1 OS all seem to loose connectivity when my Asus is on...Kinda hilarious actually.

There's obviously some interference going on. Any idea on why this is occurring? Is there some setting I can set on the AC card to keep it from squashing all over the 2.4 spectrum?

I have a Roku 3 running on 5Ghz that works fine with the Asus on.

I've got a Netgear R7000 Nighthawk router.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
tvete
Valued Contributor II

Maybe some incompatibility wiith 2.4 GHz and 7260AC at your location. Mine connects fine at both 2.4 and 5 GHz without disconnecting other 2.4 devices. Just for a possible but temporary fix, disable the 2.4 GHz by setting "Wireless Mode" to 802.11a only on the advanced settings located on the device properties.

BWert1
Beginner

Good idea @theveterans I'll try that thanks.

0 Kudos
BWert1
Beginner

Turning the Asus laptop with the 7260 AC card to 802.11g as well as turning off the 5Ghz radio on my router all 802.11b/g devices were able to connect. Unfortunately I'm no closer to determining the cause of my connection issues.

My Lenovo Win7 laptop with an Intel Centrino Advanced N-6205 connects to the 5Ghz spectrum w/o interferring to the other b/g devices w/o issue. Only the 7260 AC card operation causes issues.

0 Kudos