Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7426 Discussions

7260 Wifi and BT onto a Dell Latitude E6230 => no BT

Yann_P_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I'm having a Latitude Dell E6230, great machine which lacks USB ports and solution is to have a Bluetooth mouse (Microsoft portable mouse 3600).

So I tried the switch from the previous 6300 wifi card + Bt card from Broadcom (never managed to have it working) to a 7260 (Wifi + BT; sounds attractive)

But despite many attempts in installing the softwares and drivers, I don't get a stable version of the install that still have the Bluetooth to work.

I know that the laptop is not given to be fully supported by Dell, but I managed to have it work (both BT and Wifi), until I installed a USB stick and the system tried to fix the BT enumerator not fully installed.

I try to follow some of the steps I have read on the different support engineers from Intel which is install the BT drivers first and the rest afterwards.

I use Windows 7 pro 64 bits.

Here are some of the pictures of the system incompatibilities that I have in the picture attached. During the installation process, the phone wants to pair with the computer and my bluetooth phone can see the phone, but not connect. Nothing can be recognized from the computer, no BT device...

Services are meant to be good too, trying to reset the password needed.

I have read some data suggesting to have the battery unplugged for a certain amount of time, as well as installing the Wifi drivers first.

Thanks in advance for any help you could provide.

Yann

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

Hello YannP,

Please keep in mind that we do not recommend/support custom integration of Intel® Wireless Adapters. It is advised to contact the http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/oems.html Computer Manufacture Support to know if a certain adapter is supported by your system. These adapters can only be installed by the manufacturer or its authorized representative.

We strongly recommend to check with Dell about this, since there is a good chance that this may be due incompatibility.

In our best effort, here are some items for your consideration:

- Make sure you uninstall and delete any previous BT drivers in your PC. These may cause conflicts with the Intel adapter.

- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25838/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-for-Bluetooth-technology-for-Windows-7- Download Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth® technology for Windows 7*, version 18.16.1.

- If possible do a clean istallation of the BT driver. To achieve this, go to Device Manager - Bluetooth Radios, right click on the Intel® Wireless Bluetooth®, uninstall and delete the driver. Rescan for devices and make sure you uninstall/delete older driver versions as well.

- Make sure that both Wireless antennas as properly connected to the Wireless adapter.

0 Kudos
Yann_P_Intel
Employee

Thanks Jonathan,

I'll try to give a good clean on the system and try it from scratch again!

Would you expect the wifi antennas connection to have any interaction with the bluetooth? Due to wavelength and antennas required, these antennas should not interact, not that I know. I sure disconnected the additional small Bt card originally on the system.

Regards,

Yann

0 Kudos
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

Hello YannP,

The Intel® Wireless Adapters normally have 2 antennas, one is dedicated to WiFi connectivity, the other one is shared between WiFi and Bluetooth, but both are required for it to operate. It is possible to get some interference, specially if your Wireless Network operates in the 2.4 GHz band.

We would like to remind you that if the PC was not designed for your new adapter, it may not be compatible and will not work with it.

Let us know if this helps, or in case you need any additional information.

0 Kudos