Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7424 Discussions

7260 for Win10x64 (Driver-Only) v18.30.0 Not Working

BR10
Novice

EDIT: The installer doesn't install the driver. It runs for a few seconds and exits.

At runtime, the circular animation shows for a few seconds and closes out without any noticeable activity. FWIW, the installation package is much smaller in size than usual (18.8 MB) although the Win8.1 package is the usual size (~27 MB).

I found a discussion thread here /message/320637# 320637 (LINK) from August confirming that the v18.13.xx drivers for the 7260 were left out or misplaced on the Win10 package, so it seems like this might have happened again. The recommendation in the link was to use the Win8.1 driver package instead, which I did, and it installed the new driver without any issue.

Anyone try the Win10 full package (with software)?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Beltway,

Could you please provide in details what your issue is?

0 Kudos
BR10
Novice

Thank you for responding!

It seems that v18.30.00 has been removed and only v18.21.00 is available for the 7620 at the moment.

Although the Win10x64 driver-only installer package didn't work (as I detailed above), I was able to install v18.30.00 using the Win8.1x64 driver-only package.

If possible, please let me know if there are issues with the new driver that would make rolling back advisable, or if it was removed only due to installer problems. I'm sure I'm not the only one that downloaded and installed v18.30.00 while it was available.

I added a clear statement of the issue to the original post. If you still need info, could you ask specific questions? I don't know what else to add.

Thanks again!

ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

beltway,

We confirmed that the 18.30.0 driver is not supported on the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260. We recommend to use version 18.21.0 as you already mentioned.

Please, let us know if you have any other issues. We will be more than glad to help you.

0 Kudos