I got a tough problem in making Intel 7260N roaming in a high-density environment. I got over 600 Ubuntu machines equipped with this wireless adaptor. What I found is this adapter does not roam even when the RSSI of associated AP was very low, like -75dbm. I tried to use the "iw sen -65" command to set a static threshold for launch roaming but it turned this command is not supported, indicated by the Ubuntu 16 release.
1. Anyone know which Ubuntu or Linux distribution has this command supported for 7260N ?
2. Anyone know any kind of Intel wireless adaptor supports this command under Ubuntu Release 16+ ?
Any help will be appreciated.
We understand you're having issues setting the roaming threshold for your Intel® Wireless-N 7260 adapter on Ubuntu*.
Driver development happens in the open-source Linux community. Because of this, we recommend posting your question to the Ubuntu* Support Forums for a more accurate response.
The Intel® Wireless-N 7260 is natively supported on Linux* Kernel 4.1 and above. Ubuntu 16.04 LTS* uses kernel 4.4 out of the box. This means your adapter should be supported.
The following links should help you find the information you need:
NOTE: Any links provided for third party tools or sites are offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel® of the content, products, or services offered there. We do not offer support for any third party tool mentioned here.
1. https://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=336 Ubuntu* Networking & Wireless Forums
2. https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/users/Drivers/iwlwifi Linux* Drivers Community Page
3. https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/users/Documentation/iw Linux* IW Community Page