Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7430 Discussions

7265AC transmit power

yguil
Beginner

Hi,

We use a laptop lenovo 550 with intel 7265NGW and we have performance problem.

For example the transmit power for 7265NGW is -66dbm also for 5100AGN is -54dbm at the same place.

We use intel proset 18.33.0.0 with driver 18.33.0.1 for wifi card on windows seven 64bits entreprise.

I remove all power saving mode, u-SPDA disabled and transmit power and make it is set to 5. Highest.

The advanced statistics display actually transmit power ~1mw (100%).

Witth the windows driver (version 15.xxx) the transmit power max was 25mW.

Do you know if this card have the capacity to up at 32mW ?

Thanks for your response.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
yguil
Beginner

Hi,

I have the same problem with version 18.40.0.0.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
yguil
Beginner

Hi,

I test with ac-8260 and i have a better transmit power (-56dbm).

Could you help me please ?

0 Kudos
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

Hello ygt,

The values you are referring to may depend on the specifications of your computer, therefore, we advise to contact the computer manufacturer about this inquiry. They will be able to inform if these adapters are fully compatible with your PC, and which would be the expect performance when they are used. Furthermore, we do not recommend/support custom integration of Intel® Wireless Adapters due to regulatory compliance:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005687.html?wapkw=regulatory+information+regarding+hardware+installation Regulatory Information Regarding Hardware Installation or Upgrade

You can find the public specifications in the Product Briefs for our different wireless adapters (the transmit power is not listed):

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/wireless-products/wireless-technology-resources.html Wireless Products Technical Documents

0 Kudos