Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7646 Discussions

802.11AX issued solved

3Fees
New Contributor I

SSID: NETGEAR28-5G
Protocol: Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax)
Security type: WPA3-Personal
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Description: Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz
Driver version: 22.170.0.3
Network band: 5 GHz
Network channel: 153
Link speed (Receive/Transmit): 1201/1201 (Mbps)

I was checking out my wireless connection and it seemed it was on 802.11ac not 802.11ax for some time, I upgraded the WiFi 6 router to latest firmware and have AX checked marked to run and got an update from Intel on the WiFi and Bluetooth adapters today after going thru device manager I set the adapter to AX mode several times and Windows popup came up saying Windows 11 supports Wifi 6 and here is how to check it, now windows task manager and WiFi properties show  802.11ax is the protocol, Getting network band to run at 6 GHz requires a 6E WIFI router and an Intel Wifi AX211 card, card is inexpensive the 6E router is not mainstream yet and so expensive.

Cheers

3Fees

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello 3Fees,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.  

Since it is not clear to me, I would like to know if you require support regarding the connectivity with the 6 GHz band or another issue. Are you only reporting that a previous problem is now solved?

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
3Fees
New Contributor I

Hi:

Previously problem solved. The 6 Ghz question was resolved earlier, Thanks for the reply.

Cheers

3Fees

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello 3Fees,

I am glad to hear that your previous issue is now solved. Thanks for letting me know.

Since there is no other Troubleshooting question, I will close this thread now. Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.  

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
3Fees
New Contributor I

Hallo:

Update on my Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz

I went into the WiFi 6 router manager on line and moved up the band width here are the results, I was running 1.2Gbps now 2.4Gbps.

from windows 11 WiFi properties.

SSID:      NETGEAR28-5G

Protocol:             Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax)

Security type:     WPA3-Personal

Manufacturer:    Intel Corporation

Description:        Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz

Driver version:   22.170.0.3

Network band:   5 GHz

Network channel:            36

Link speed (Receive/Transmit):    2402/2402 (Mbps)

The AX201 is fully capable to run wifi 6 at maximum speed , Intel cnvio2 socket.

Cheers

3Fees

0 Kudos