Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

8265 ngw/g2w

AVolo2
Novice

Hello Eugenio,

I am considering to order 8265ngw as it is reported to be compatible with my hardware. [ may I know what is its power consumption in watts?]

But it is not confirmed if d2w will be compatible, as it seems to me.

However, I am wondering if 8625d2w provides LTE, as it is marked with LTE coexistence tag in the specification.

Thank you.

Andrei

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello, Andrey_nsk. Thank you for your question.

I will perform a deeper research into this. I will be back to you soon.

Antony S.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, Andrey_nsk. Thank you for your patience.

Let me share with you that the Power Consumption data is not publicly available. You may want to create an account in https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/design/resource-design-center.html?_ga=2.43762087.362178576.1537300409-287806581.1519233852&elq_cid=905680 Intel® Design and Design Center so you can have access to design documents.

Furthermore, the Intel® Dual Band Wireless AC 8265 (all SKUs) do not include LTE. Basically, when the adapter is used with a compatible LTE module can support LTE coexistence.

It is worth mentioning that the 8265D2W is soldered down so, it can only be installed on a system that is designed for it in a factory.

Antony S.
0 Kudos
AVolo2
Novice

May be you could advise what antennas to use with that card?

After I have procured the card without antennas it turned out that it can not connect to anywhere. Though it can detect a nearest wifi point but with very low level of signal.

Moreover, I am just wondering if Intel at all provides LTE solutions, LTE or 3/4G solutions in that form factor, or lte/3/4g solutions with sim card slot.

Thank you

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Andrey_nsk,

We will do further research about antenna diversity.

Regarding the LTE solutions, please refer to the following support link for more information.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/mobile/modem-solutions.html Intel® Mobile Modem Solutions

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Andrey_nsk,

I hope you found the information about the LTE solutions helpful.

If you still need any assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
AVolo2
Novice

Thank you fir the information,

I glanced to the document and it emerged even more questions that I have ever had on the subject.

Trying to formulate clear : could you point out to some modem solution that will fit the same m.2 slot that intel 8265 wifi card does and that will have simcard slot attached in a way that it will wont prevent the card from be installed into generic m.2 wifi/lte slot?

Thanks

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Andrey_nsk,

To get more information about any LTE solutions available, please refer to the support web link provided above. If you have a desktop system, our recommendation is that you purchase the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 Desktop Kit, which includes two antennas.

If you have a mobile platform, then you may need to contact your system manufacturer due to country-specific legal regulations.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos