Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

8265 wifi disappearing

DRuth
Beginner

Hi,

I have the gigabyte GC-WB867D-I (rev. 4.3) (intel AC 8265). With the recent windows edition update 1803 this wifi adaptor has been losing connectivity, mostly when I connect to a multiplayer game. The adaptor disappears from the device manager list and the wifi tab setting disappears from the windows network and internet settings. I have tried resetting windows and doing a clean install of the most up to date drivers (20.60.0) and the ones on the gigabyte website (20.30.1). Can anyone help with this problem? Thanks

Daniel

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi bobordan,

Thanks for posting on our community. We understand that you're experiencing issues with your Gigabyte wireless adapter that is based on our Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 where it is disappearing from the device manager after the 1803 update of Windows® 10. We would like to recommend the following steps in order to try solving the issue:

- Please try installing our driver package https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27849/Wireless-Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windows-10?product=94150 20.60.0 using the steps mentioned https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html here.

- Once done, test the adapter and let us know how it behaves after the steps performed.

- In case the issue persists, attach a log of the file generated by the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293 Intel® System Support Utility and we'll review this on our end.

Regards,

Leonardo L
0 Kudos
DRuth
Beginner

Hi Leonardo L,

Thanks for the reply. I've carried out the instructions for a clean install before. Just repeated them now and still getting the adaptor disappearing. I also ran the intel driver and support assistant that said the driver 20.30.1.2 was installed which was odd as I installed the 20.60.0 from saved file as instructed. The System support utility log scan is attached.

Kind regards,

Daniel

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi bobordan,

Thanks for the update, it's unfortunate the adapter keeps disappearing in the Device manager, based on the log provided, it seems there are several reports from the system reporting an issue with the driver from the adapter. Now since you've already tried performing the clean installation of drivers, it may seem like it could be a hardware issue so we might need to consider checking with Gigabyte* support as well in order to discard defective hardware. Here are some additional recommendations we can provide you:

a) Try connecting the adapter to another PCIe slot in your motherboard and test again how it behaves within the Operating system.

b) If this doesn't work, try testing if possible, the adapter in another desktop board.

c) In case the issue persists, we would recommend to check support with Gigabyte* support as in order to discard defective hardware.

Regarding the driver version, it's correct, what happens is that the Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software loads the proper driver for your wireless adapter so driver version usually differs from the software package version as this is a package for all our current wireless adapter models.

We hope this information clears out any doubts.

Let us know how the adapter behaves after testing.

Regards,

Leonardo L
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi bobordan,

We are writing to follow up on your thread, let us know if you were able to test the recommendations provided or if you were able to get this resolved by Gigabyte* support.

Regards,

Leonardo L

0 Kudos
DRuth
Beginner

Hi Leonardo L,

I tried connecting the adapter to another PCIe slot in the motherboard, was still having the same problem. I then did a full clean install of windows but installed the latest wifi adaptor driver first before updating the windows edition and that seems to have worked. I haven't had any problems with the adaptor since doing this.

Kind regards,

Daniel

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi bobordan,

Thank you for the update, we're glad to know that you were able to solve the issue at the moment even though you had to reinstall Windows*, I'll mark your answer as correct and you can always reply back in case you have any issue related to this in the future.

Have a great day!

Regards,

Leonardo L
0 Kudos