Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7429 Discussions

8265ngw bluetooth not working

BArbm
Beginner

I have recently bought a new HP laptop, and it cam with the 8265ngw Dual Band wifi-bluetooth combo chip installed. It initially worked, but has since stopped working. I had to re-install Windows, as the installed OS was in Chinese, which I do not speak. Once I installed the operating system, I had a lot of issues with the system consistently crashing - BSOD bug check code 239, after the 1803 build was installed. This has (finally!) been sorted - there was yet another Windows update(!), and things have since stabilised.

However, through all of this, I have had great wifi connectivity, but no bluetooth. In the Device Manager, there is no bluetooth showing (not even as a hidden item), and no unknown devices. Opening up services.msc shows that Bluetooth services are running and set to do so automatically. I have downloaded the drivers direct from the Intel website, still no bluetooth. I asked the Intel website Driver and Support Assistant to check the system, it correctly identified the wifi chipset, and declared the drivers 'up-to-date'.

Any other thoughts / ideas I can try to get bluetooth working again?

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello silverwitch74,

We understand you're having issues detecting the Bluetooth® Module in a new laptop using the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265.

Since this is a brand new computer, our primary recommendation is to reach out to the computer manufacturer for assistance. Specially if you believe this could be a hardware issue.

Aside from this, we recommend trying out the latest drivers provided by your computer manufacturer (both WiFi and Bluetooth® packages). The latest drivers from our Download Center, or obtained through the Driver and Support Assistant are intended for Intel® or retail devices (such as Intel® NUC, or desktop adapters), these drivers do not account for OEM customizations.

- http://ttps://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html Clean Installation of Wireless Drivers

If the error message persists, you can try a Network Reset:

1. Select the Start button, then select Settings > Network & Internet > Status > Network reset.

2. On the Network reset screen, select Reset now > Yes to confirm.

Wait for your PC to restart and see if that fixes the problem.

Otherwise, we recommend engaging your computer manufacturer for hardware replacement options. If needed, we do strongly recommend purchasing replacement adapters from your computer manufacturer directly, if at all possible.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello silverwitch74,

We haven't received any updates since our last post. Feel free to contact us if you require further assistance.

Regards,

Jonathan B.
0 Kudos