Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

AC-3160 Bluetooth gone after driver update

Chaeril
Beginner

Hi, just installed an update today and my bluetooth is gone. i tried reinstalling old one from laptop site its does not work too. device manager says usb device descriptor request failed. from update i got BT_20.90.1_64_Win10. running intel update again says all driver is up to date and it does not detect my bluetooth as well.

what should i do?. thanks

0 Kudos
7 Replies
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello CMari9, Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities. I will need more information of the problem, I would like to know the update you did before the Bluetooth* failed. Did you update it via Windows* udpdate? Or perhaps you downloaded the update from Intel's side. Let me know please, also, please tell me exactly what you mean with "The Bluetooth* is gone", are you unable to scan or is the option of Bluetooth not present anymore? If possible, please take a screenshot of the device manager so I can have a look at the options there. Also, I would like to request an System Support Utility report, this report can be generated from our tool, you can refer to the link below so you can download it:  https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- Make sure to attach the created report to this thread. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Chaeril
Beginner

Hi, I updated using intel driver and support assistant. previously i had 20.60 then update it to 20.90, while also updating wifi driver at the same time. after restart i got a device descriptor request failed, my DS4 not connecting. when i try to pair it again it says bluetooth device not available. i tried to uninstall then reinstall, reinstall old driver but none seems to be working.

seems i cant put 2 attachment at the same time..

device manager

2019-01-09 (1).png

thanks

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello Chaeril, Thank you for your response. I am currently reviewing the information in the report you have attached, please allow me to check some details, I will be getting back to you as soon as possible. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Chaeril
Beginner

any news?

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello Chaeril, Thank you for patiently waiting. Let us try with the following steps: 1 - Go to the search Windows search bar 2 - Type services 3 - Click Yes at the pop-up window to allow this app to make changes 5 - Locate the Bluetooth Support Service and click on Bluetooth Support Service 6 - Click Restart at the left top corner Let me know the outcome please. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Chaeril
Beginner

its..working.. thanks.

why it didn't fix itself after restart computer?.

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello Chaeril, When restarting the computer not necessarily services that are running in the background will be restarted as well, sometimes they need to be restarted manually. It could have been that when the driver was installed, the Bluetooth* service was turned off by the operating system and by restarting the service it started working properly and recognizing the devices. I am really glad to know that your Bluetooth* is working again! Let me know if you need any more assistance. Hello BStev3, Thank you for your input. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos