Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

AC 3160 -- No 5 ghz connection possible on laptop. iPhone does connect

HBurn
Beginner

Hello.

The driver has been updated via WiFi_20.10.2_PROSet64_Win7, and all of Intel's recommended settings are checked off in the Device Manager.

According to an inSSIDer scan, the both the 2.4 ghz and 5 ghz signals are detected, but only the 2.4 ghz network can be joined. The AC 3160 is installed in a Lenovo Thinkpad E450 running Win7 Pro 64 bit. The router is a Netgear 6230.

An iPhone SE will connect to the 5G network, so the problem is definitely in the network adapter.

What am I missing here? Please help!

Thanks.

HB

0 Kudos
1 Solution
HBurn
Beginner

Never mind! The network security key was incorrect. Never got a message, however. Found it by right clicking on the 5ghz network, going to "Properties" and checking off the "Show Characters" box. And there it was -- my mistake! Hope this helps somebody else some day.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
HBurn
Beginner

Never mind! The network security key was incorrect. Never got a message, however. Found it by right clicking on the 5ghz network, going to "Properties" and checking off the "Show Characters" box. And there it was -- my mistake! Hope this helps somebody else some day.

0 Kudos