Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

AC-3165 Network Adapter Transmit Rate low (86.7)

TSomm2
Beginner

I've been experiencing issues with my internet speed over the past few days - I recently updated my drivers through the Intel Support Assistant.

I have gigabit internet, but speed tests are showing ~50mbs (my ISP is showing 1.13 gbs at source).

My network adapter is showing a transit and receive rate at 86.7 Mbps. Given the theoretical maximum of 433 Mbps, I'm wondering if there's something I've done (or that the update has done) to slow my adapter down.

I've attached the result of the System Support Utility for my network.

Thanks in advance for any help!

In case it's helpful, the output of netsh wlan show interface in admin mode

There is 1 interface on the system:

Name          : Wi-Fi

Description      : Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165

State         : connected

Network type      : Infrastructure

Radio type       : 802.11ac

Authentication     : WPA2-Personal

Cipher         : CCMP

Connection mode    : Auto Connect

Channel        : 44

Receive rate (Mbps)  : 86.7

Transmit rate (Mbps)  : 86.7

Signal         : 80%

Profile        : TheInternet5

Hosted network status : Not available

0 Kudos
4 Replies
TSomm2
Beginner

I adjusted the properties of the adapter, switching the channel width for 2.4 ghz to 20 and, for some reason, I'm back to 433 and the connection is good :)

Alberto_R_Intel

TSomm2, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

Perfect, excellent, we are glad to hear that the Wireless connection is working properly and thank you very much for sharing the solution in the Intel® Communities, we are sure it will be very helpful for all the peers viewing this thread.

Any other inquiry, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Alberto R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
basschilperoord
Beginner

I have the same issue with the same speed and I am not able to solve it the way TSomm2 solved it. I have 86.7 mbit speed, just like TSomm2.

0 Kudos
basschilperoord
Beginner

Never mind. I fixed the issue by installing an older driver, 17.15.0.5. Now I have 433 mbit again. Apparently the latest driver is not working very well, which is 21.90.3.

0 Kudos