Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

AC 3168 Bluetooth not pairing

RomRez1
Novice

Hello,

I'm having issues recently, I'm not using very frequently bluetooth but despite it has always worked, it doesn't work properly now, I don't know why.

Available bluetooth devices are listing correctly but when I try to pair them it fails after a moment. I tried to uninstall drivers several times and I updated my BIOS and it doesn't solve anything.

The AC 3168 is embedded on my mother board which is a MSI MPG X570 Gaming edge wifi.

The wifi works great, there is only this pairing problem.

I feel like I tried anything, I would be glad if you could enlight me.

Thanks in advance,

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Victor_G_Intel

Hello RomRez1,

Thank you for your response.

Based on the steps that you have completed and the fact that you can’t reseat the adapter since it’s embedded in your motherboard the only recommendations we have left will be to either check if the adapter’s antennas are well seated, in the case that you can manipulate them, you can also complete a clean installation of the OS or to contact MSI directly and let them know that the Bluetooth isn’t working to see if they can offer a physical inspection or a replacement for your motherboard.

Regards,

Victor G.

Intel Technical Support Technician  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Victor_G_Intel

Hello RomRez1,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

To better assist you please provide the following report and information.

Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU)

Download link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

• Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information
  • By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".  
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".  

1. Do you remember if this issue happened after a new OS update or driver update?
  2. Is this a new computer?
  3. Have you installed any recent software or hardware in your system?
  4. Have you tested the adapter only with our generic drivers or with the manufacturer drivers as well?
  5. Did you try to pair the devices that use Bluetooth from scratch by removing them from the system and reinstalling any pertinent driver or software that comes along with them?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos
RomRez1
Novice

Thank you for you answer Victor,

I ran the scan and I'm quite disturbed about the driver version which is not the one I installed.

1. It is a possibility, but I didn't test it right after the updates so I can say anything about that.
  2. The computer was built in October and I remember pairing PS4 controller at that time.
  3. I don't think so.
  4. I tested with both.
  5. I tried my Sony WH-1000XM2 and some of my PS4 controllers with the drivers installed. (No need for a driver for the headset)

Thanks again for the time you are spending on my problem.

Best,

Romain M.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello RomRez1,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

To continue with the support please complete a clean installation of the latest Bluetooth driver from your Motherboard manufacturer by following the instructions in the links below:

Note: If the customized driver doesn’t fix the issue, please try with our latest generic driver.

Uninstall the driver (Device manager)

Note: If you are not able to see the Bluetooth section here proceed with the next step.

Uninstallation/ installation

Note: Please proceed with a removal first to eliminate the driver from the Programs and Features section, and then complete the installation step with any of the two drivers provided if needed.

OEM driver (MSI)

Note: To find the driver follow this path: Driver tab > Windows10 64 > LAN Drivers > Bluetooth driver.

Generic driver (Intel)

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Victor G.

*Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel or any of its products is implied. 

0 Kudos
RomRez1
Novice

Hi,

I tried with the MSI one which is the version 22.20.0.3 and with the Intel one which is the 22.40.0.2 from clean installs and I have the same issue. The scan says also that the driver is the microsoft one from 2006 in both cases.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

There are separate Wireless and Bluetooth driver packages. Do you have both installed. If you are seeing Microsoft on the Bluetooth driver, this usually means that you do not have the Intel Bluetooth driver package installed.

...S

0 Kudos
RomRez1
Novice

Well I installed the bluetooth drivers for sure. In the scan it says microsoft drivers but in the device manager it says intel drivers from 2020. I don't know if it's normal or not.

Bluetooth drivers.JPG

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hi RomRez1, Thank you very much for providing those results.

We are sorry to hear the issue persists and we will do further research on this matter. For us to be able to do that, could you please provide the SSU report once again that shows and reflects the changes done and also for us to verify additional details about the components in your platform:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
RomRez1
Novice

Hi Albert,

I uninstalled drivers then uninstalled device with checkbox checked in the device manager then rebooted then installed drivers. I did the whole process twice (one for intel drivers and one for MSI drivers).

Here are my scans after each install.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello RomRez1,

Based on the steps that you have completed and the fact that you can’t reseat the adapter since it’s embedded in your motherboard the only recommendations we have left will be to either check if the adapter’s antennas are well seated, in the case that you can manipulate them, you can also complete a clean installation of the OS or to contact MSI directly and let them know that the Bluetooth isn’t working to see if they can offer a physical inspection or a replacement for your motherboard.

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos
RomRez1
Novice

So I just completed a clean installation of Windows 10 and now pairing works fine without installing any drivers. I however installed the exact same intel drivers I installed a few days ago and it still works fine so it's seems it was a windows issue. I still don't know why it stopped working and I hope it will stay like this.

Thank you for your time anyway,

Regards,

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello RomRez1, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
RomRez1
Novice

Hi, it seems it's working again after a clean windows install. Thank you very much for your time.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello RomRez1,

We are glad to know that you have found a solution, thank you for taking the time to share this fix.

Hopefully, it may help other community members experiencing similar behavior. Since the thread is now solved, we will proceed to close it.

If you need any additional information, you are more than welcome to submit a new question, just remember that this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos