Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7429 Discussions

AC-3168 new driver, Win10 crashes after st-by

GiovanniG11
Beginner

Hi, the latest driver made in august 2021 sistematically create me a crash when system wake up from last st-by, causing loosing all work open and reboot from zero. I suppose it's the version 22.90 but Intel has the bad habit to number driver version differently to what windows after shows, so I'm not sure. I have Win10 64
The unbelievable thing is that I can't install the 22.80 or 22.70 cause it says " a more recent (buggy) driver has been already installed", and thank you Intel to don't let me uninstall it anyhow! How can then I test 22.70? I stuck on the 2019 version which is stable, but sometimes suffers of very low performances, opposite the 2021 driver version works great but going to crash!

The intel driver pacage doesn't let me extract the .inf and drivers files to install them manually! Another sad thing.

Thank you for your help

0 Kudos
9 Replies
JosueO_Intel

Hello GiovanniG11,

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities. In order to have a better understanding of the issue, please share with us the following information: 

1. Is this the original wireless adapter of the system?
  2. Is this a desktop or a laptop?
  3. Have you reported this issue with the OEM?
  4. Have you tried using the drivers provided by the OEM?
  5. Do you get any error codes or messages?

Also, please download and install the Intel System Support Utility (Intel SSU):

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- 

Open the application and select "Everything" click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel SSU will take you to the "Summary View". Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

Click on "Next", save the report and attach it to your response.

Regards, 

Josue O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
GiovanniG11
Beginner
Hi, thanks for reply, yes the original adapter. I have 3 drivers installed, one brand Microsoft of 2017, 2 intel of 2019 and 2021. No I haven't complained with HP, seams completely a loose of time in my opinion, both 2017 and 2019 don't crash and if I have a slowness I can simply reboot, I'm not worth time for them.

But I'm complaining with Intel that
1) created a driver that crash my system.
2) I can't remove it to install previous versions
3) the package is made to don't extract drivers and point them manually.
God bless old times when that was always possible..
0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello GiovanniG11,

In this case, please follow these steps to try to uninstall the driver for your wireless adapter:

1. Access Device Manager. For support about how to access the Device Manager and find the Intel Wireless adapter.

2. On the Driver tab, click Uninstall.

3. Check the Delete the driver software for this device, and click Uninstall (or OK depending on your version of Windows).

5. Windows will automatically reinstall the older driver when the current driver is uninstalled.

It is important for you to know that we recommend using the drivers provided by the OEM, this is because these drivers are a customized and optimized version created to work with your specific system. The driver we provide is the generic version without any customization.

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
GiovanniG11
Beginner

Hi, as I told I can't remove the driver, there **isn't** a driver installation on the list of the progras installed. No way to uninstall it!
Now, how can I remove manually this buggy driver? I suppose the only chance is to remove they inf and sys file manually.

I hope Intel may improve in futureas you see here many things aren't right:
Can't uninstall driver
Can't install a previous driver if the latest is already installed
Can't manually forse an installation as .inf and drivers file are not possible to extract.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello GiovanniG11, 

In order to help you further, I would like to confirm the following:

1. Are you able to get and attach the report from the Intel® System Support Utility?

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html

2. Have you tried a fresh reinstallation of the operating system?

3. Have you tried with a "restore point" from before the issue start? You may need to contact the laptop manufacturer for instructions about this step.

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
GiovanniG11
Beginner

Sorry, I have the clear impression we're just loosing time here,

1) What for? The latest driver will be installed, all will be ok. The driver installe will *never* notice that the PC crash bacause of that driver. I don't nneed to install the latest driver, I need to *remove* it! May you please tell me how to *remove* it? Thanks

2) Are you suggesting me to completely reinstall windows to solve a problem cause from your drivers? ^_^ of course I won't! It will take hours to reinstall everything back, I'm really busy at work now and I need my PC!

3) A restore point is irrelevant.

Once again, I need to remove tha drivers, how can I do it?
Than you for a proper answer

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello GiovanniG11,

In this case, we recommend performing a clean installation of the wireless drivers. During this process, you will manually uninstall the drivers from your computer and install the drivers you want. You can either try using the ones provided by HP or the ones we provide with a version that works without issues on your system. Remember that our recommendation is to use the ones HP provides.  

In order to perform this, please follow the next steps:

1- Download the latest customized driver from the Computer Manufacturer Support Websites and save the installer on the computer.

1. Disconnect from the internet to make sure the driver will not be automatically updated by Windows.

3- Uninstall the Intel Wireless driver. To do this, please follow the steps on the link below under these sections:

• Uninstalling the Wi-Fi/Bluetooth® Driver for Your Intel® Wireless Adapter

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005756.html

4- Restart the computer.

5- Right-click the Windows Start button. Select Device Manager.

6- Repeat steps 3 through 5 until the option to Delete the driver software for this device is greyed out.

7- Install the latest wireless driver provided by the system manufacturer.

8- Once the latest driver has been installed, enable the internet connection again.

It is also important for you to check that everything is up to date, this includes BIOS, OS, chipset, and all other drivers that are provided by HP. Our recommendation is to check with them for these updates. 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello GiovanniG11,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.  

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello GiovanniG11,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos