Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7441 Discussions

AC 7260 Bluetooth does not work with a head set

JLee164
Beginner

I am using Windows 7 x64 and try to use a Bluetooth speaker with mic for Google Hangout. The Bluetooth does not recognize the mic at all. The speaker works fine with all my other computer and bluetooth device like iPhone and iPad. Please help me to solve the problem.

0 Kudos
30 Replies
OYass
Beginner

Hello Aleki,

Below are the supported profiles mentioned in the headset data sheet.

Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR Advanced

Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) v1.2

Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP) v1.4

HandsfreeProfile (HFP) v1.6

Headset Profile (HSP) v1.1

Brgds,

Omar

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Omarico,

Any issue with those profiles must to be checked with the audio device manufacturer.

These profiles are not supported by Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless - AC7260

0 Kudos
OYass
Beginner

Aleki,

What are the profiles supported by AC 7260?

I tried the same headset on (Windows 7 64 bit, Broadcom Bluetooth, Lenovo Thinkpad X230) and it works perfectly.

What is the conclusion now so I can note down in our corporate purchasing policy?

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Omarico,

We are going to deal with this situation through a case. Please check your private messages.

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Hello Omar,

Thank you for your time. We are going to deal with this issue directly from the case we have created for you.

0 Kudos
DKuzm
Beginner

Hi, the same issue:

HP 820 G2

Bluetooth on Intel 7260

Plantronics BackBEAT

Latest Intel drivers and installed

Headset profile fully inoperable (mic and speakers not working over Headset audio out)

Please kindly advise where did the investigation led to?

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Dmitry_DOX,

Have you checked with your Bluetooth* device manufacturer first in order to see what profiles are supported?

What OS are you using?

0 Kudos
DKuzm
Beginner

Please... I have the same case as Omarico above (and also the same as all colleagues of mine with the same laptops and Plantronics, Harman Kardon speakers) so I'm wonder how Omarico's case was solved.

If that matters:

Profiles of Platronics BackBeat Pro

Bluetooth v4.0 + EDR - A2DP for audio streaming, AVRCP for music controls, Hands-free v1.6 for wideband, and Headset v1.2

Windows 7 64 SP1 bits

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Hello Dmitry_DOX,

We always recommend to contact your computer manufacturer in order to obatin the latest drivers from them first. As a second option, Intel has recently come up with the latest Bluetooth* driver version 18.16.0 for Windows® 7. We understand you said you are experiencing the same issue as omarico and according to his information, he is using Windows® 7. For your convenience, here is the link to the drivers: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25838/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-for-Bluetooth-technology-for-Windows-7- Download Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth® technology for Windows 7* File Name: BT_18.16.1_64_Win7.exe

0 Kudos
VClem
Beginner

So what profiles are provided in the various versions of the PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth? I know that the Windows 10 version provides next to nothing in terms of bluetooth profiles, making the bluetooth device worthless. But hey, my ASUS bluetooth dongle with a 4 1/2 year old driver on my Windows Vista desktop provides a full suite of profiles.

0 Kudos