Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7437 Discussions

AC 7260 Wireless card: No Resolution and frustration

BRabe
Beginner

I am having similar slow down issues as many others here with this card. Normally I am below 1Mbps on my 2.4GHz home network when from the same location,on the same network I get over 19Mbps on an old gateway laptop. My new laptop is a Toshiba P55W with a core i7, windows 8.1, all drivers updated, no other software installed as i just received it a few days ago and havent wasted time installing other software if this cannot be resolved. I get the same results regardless if I am right next to my router or 20 feet away.

I have followed all the advice in other threads, all the settings match the suggestions, features turned off, latest driver from 4/20/15 installed, power settings changed, bluetooth off (which is absurd to have to do, but whatever) etc. etc.

This has been an issue for well over a year it looks like, yet the only solution seems to be mess with a bunch of settings, see if that works, if not oh well? Why are threads now also getting closed with no discussion? On June 3rd user itastalion posted a similar thread to mine and it was immediately locked with the response being for that user to check private messages?

Is this just a faulty card? If the hardware is just garbage why has this not been recalled??? If its not the hardware why is it taking so long to fix this? This card goes in mostly mobile applications such as laptops and 2-in1's, how in the world is it justified to have a mobile computer that cant access the internet with even mediocre results? <1Mbps is not even something that is tolerable under any modern circumstances.

Is this issue still being worked on at Intel or have they thrown up their hands and said screw it? I have some warranty time left I can return this laptop if that is the case and get a machine without Intel parts if this is how they handle such a massive problem..

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

Hello BradR14,

We are sorry to know your system is having issues connecting to your wireless network. Since you have tried different actions, you might prefer to http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/contactsupport Contact Intel Support and obtain assistance from an agent in you nearest support center, using your preferred method. Also, since this is the original adapter that came with the computer, you may also choose to contact the http://www.intel.com/support/oems.htm Computer Manufacturer Support.

There are multiple factors that can affect WiFi connectivity. As you can see in other threads, there are different actions that have proved to resolve connectivity issues for other users. We provide these multiple actions in order to get the adapter settings to the best possible configuration, so that they can operate normally in most environments.

Please keep in mind that the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 is optimized for 802.11ac connections and the default configuration varies between PC manufacturers, when you add the different types of WiFi access points and their configurations, it may be required to perform additional configuration so that the adapter will work better in specific environments, such as 802.11a/b/g/n, 2.4 GHz band, access points with older firmware, places with many wireless networks, etc.

We are continuously working to improve the behavior of our devices and you can be sure we pay attention to all reported issues. Please let us know if you would like us to provide further assistance.

BRabe
Beginner

Thats not acceptable for a Wifi card used frequently in mobile computers. People that have toyed with settings more often than not get around 5Mbps down speed that they see as an acceptable improvement over the <1Mbps they originally got. That is not an acceptable improvement. There is no reason why countless other devices that use different network cards including phones, tablets, laptops, desktops, smart Tvs, gaming consoles etc. etc. can connect more often than not to any available wireless connection available but yet this particular card from Intel is struggling so heavily.

And even if I do find the magic combination of settings that give me acceptable speeds at home, I have no control over the settings of hotels, diners, my workplace, airports etc. where I expect to be able to use my laptop. All of my other devices work fine (being mobile) in those places, but my laptop cannot because of this card.

You basically just told me that some people get it to kinda work sometimes so I should be fine. I have seen just as many posts from people, if not more, that just replaced the card than those that have gotten better performance. So essentially this wont be fixed and is getting swept under the rug hoping people deal with it until it just fades away.

0 Kudos
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

I understand your frustration and we apologize for any inconvenience this situation may have caused.

We are aware of this type of issue, and we actually consider connectivity problems a priority. You can be sure that we always take into consideration the feedback and experience from our customers.

Please keep in mind that you can http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/contactsupport Contact the Support Center and create a support case using the contact method of your preference (phone, chat, email, etc). This way you can be in contact with a support agent to work on your issue.

Our engineering team is continuously working to identify possible issues and fixes, these are normally contained in new driver releases, you can check the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/ Intel® Download Center for the latest drivers for your system.

0 Kudos