Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

AC 7260 cannot connect to homenetwork after connection to other WLAN

uw
Beginner

I have a Asus LG302 with the AC 7260 chipset, OS W8.1

From the beginning (Dec 2013) I had issues with the Wifi connections, which could partially be solved by updating to new drivers and a new router.

I am now using the Intel drivers 17.13.11.5 dated 08.Dec.2014 and my router is a Fritzbox 7360 with the latest firmware version 6.20

I still have the issue that my laptop does not reconnect to my Wifi once it has been connected to another Wifi elsewhere (I have ticked autoconnect to my Wifi).

And sometimes, unclear conditions and not reproduceable, my laptop looses connection at home when starting from sleep (I have ticked (translated from German): "laptop can disable device to save power" and "device can wake laptop fro sleep"). However, what I can assure is that the laptop is not low on battery, when this happens...

In both cases, I need to force W8.1 to forget the network and restart connection (select Wifi, enter password). No other option works.

Plus, I have the impression that Wifi drops sometimes and comes back immediately (I get some system sounds from W8.1), but I don't know how to eventlog that.

Any idea what to do (I have tried to untick power saving options with earlier versions of the drivers, but no positive result).

If more info is needed. let me know how to get that

-ueffchen

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hello ueffchen,

Can you please try deleting the Wireless profile for this specific network? Here you can refer to the Wireless profiles:

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-025795.htm?wapkw=cs-025795 http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-025795.htm?wapkw=cs-025795

Kevin m

0 Kudos
uw
Beginner

Hi Kevin

I had never used the Profile Manager, I didn't know that it exists. I did simply use the standard W8.1 Wlan tool.

In the Profile Manager, I found that I had a second profile for the Fritzbox, which had the original SSID, and I guess also the original password that came with the box.

It was on top of the profile with my current SSID.

Could it be that the Profile Manager tried to connect to the Fritzbox with the first profile, maybe because he identified the MAC address, but couldn't connect because I has changed the password and SSID changed in the meantime?

I have unfortunatelly tonight no time to connect my laptop to another network to check if it can reconnect to my homenetwork afterwards, but I'll let you know asap if the issue is gone.

Thanks for the hint!

Br, ueffchen

0 Kudos
uw
Beginner

Hi Kevin

I can confirm that deletion of the double entry of my Fritzbox (with two different SSIDs )in the profile manager solved the issue.

I checked today by connecting to another Wfii and then going back to my home Wifi - it connected immediately.

Thanks very much for your help.

Best regards, Uwe

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

It is good to know it is working now! Thank you for your feedback.

Kevin M

0 Kudos