Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

AC-7260 for desktop not connecting to 802.11AC signal

MSchm26
Beginner

I recently installed the Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 for desktop into my PC. It will connect to the 5GHz signal from my router (Netgear R6300) however Windows says it is connected to 802.11N and achieves a maximum speed of around 390Mbps, and I noticed that it has no IPv6 connectivity, which I had before installing the card. I have a laptop that supports AC and connects to the AC signal from my router. I have updated the drivers to the latest driver for both the router and the adapter, and receive excellent signal strength. I am running Windows 7 64bit. I have also noticed through the Intel Proset software it detects that the 5ghz signal is AC and N bands. Any help will be appreciated, thanks.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Please check if you have widest channel selected in the wireless adapter properties for 5GHz.

0 Kudos
MSchm26
Beginner

I looked at the settings for my router and adapter, on the adapter the 802.11n channel width is on auto, and on my router I put the settings I saw to maximum, but have not seen any change. The settings I have for my adapter are as followed:

802.11n channel width 2.4ghz- auto

802.11n channel width 5.2ghz- auto

Adhoc Channel 802.11b/g- 1

Adhoc QoS mode- WWM enabled

ARP offload for WoLAN- Enabled

Bluetooth AMP- Enabled

GTK Rekeying for WoLAN- Enabled

HT Mode- VHT mode

Mixed mode protection- CTS-to-Self enabled

NS offload for WoLAN- Enabled

Preferred Band- Prefer 5.2Ghz band

Roaming Aggressiveness- Medium

Sleep on WoWLAN disconnect- Disabled

Transmit Power- Highest

Wake on Magic Packet- Enabled

Wake on Pattern Match- Enabled

Wireless Mode- 6. 802.11a/b/g

Is there anything that looks wrong or needs to be changed? Thanks

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

And what speed do you get if the AP is set to 802.11n only?

0 Kudos
MSchm26
Beginner

Thanks for the help, but I do not require assistance anymore.

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Throughput depends of many factors like electrical noise and interference, AP configuration and drivers.

I am sorry for any inconvenience.

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Please do not hesitate to let us know in case you need further assistance in the future or if you have found a solution that may also help others with similar situation.

0 Kudos