Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7424 Discussions

AC 7265 BT driver update avaible but can't be installed. Not detecting BT devices.

arthur0303
Beginner

Hello,
Recently bought a AC 7265, and I now have an update notification for the BT driver. I tried to install it from the Intel assistant, but then i also tried to download the driver myself (to install in admin mode). Both ways lead to the same error: cannot install the driver on this computer. The update is still avaible.
Trying to connect a JBL Go portable speaker without success (doesn't detect it).  My phone can connect to the speaker, my computer detects the phone but can't connect to it (if that's even possible, should be at least to transfert files).

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello arthur0303

Thank you for your response.

The "regular downloads" on Intel®'s Download Center for the latest Wireless/Bluetooth software release version does not include new drivers for the Intel® Wireless 7265 Family (Rev.C) since it will be discontinued soon as it relates to “End of Life” products.

Please refer to the following link for the latest available Bluetooth driver for this device and revision:

Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® for Intel® Wireless 7265 Family (Rev. C), Driver version = 20.100.5.1

We suggest trying to install this driver from the previous link and check the behavior. You may refer to the links below for recommended steps on how to uninstall/install Wireless and Bluetooth drivers:

Please feel free to report back the outcome of the steps.

Note:

Based on the Intel® SSU report, we noticed the current wireless driver is "18.33.11.2". Just for you to know, you may find also the latest wireless driver for Intel® Wireless 7265 Family (Rev.C) in this link:

Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Intel® Wireless 7265 Family (Rev. C), Driver version = 18.33.17.1

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
arthur0303
Beginner

Okay, i found the speaker ... in a strange way. I had to go throught the intel menu: connect to a personnal network and here add a new device (printer, etc...). I found the speaker here, listed as bluetooth ear phone. It still doesn't appear as i would normally add a BT device. Still working fine i guess.

The driver update is still a problem though.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @arthur0303

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to review this behavior further, please provide us with the following information?

1- We understand that you have integrated the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 in the system since you mentioned you bought it? Is this correct? Did you check with your computer manufacturer (OEM) before integrating the wireless card to confirm full compatibility?

2- Just to make sure that we understand correctly: Were you able to found the JBL Go* portable speaker and are you using it fine via Bluetooth and the only current issue is the Bluetooth driver won't update? Please provide details.

3- Have you tested with other Bluetooth speakers? Do they work fine?

4- Please provide screenshots from Windows® Device Manager showing the Bluetooth device (and error messages if any) and from the other sections where you are looking for Bluetooth status and to add Bluetooth speaker.

5- Did the Bluetooth work fine before at any time? Or is the issue happening since the very first day that you have it?

6- If this worked fine before, do you remember if this issue happened after a new Windows update or Wireless/Bluetooth driver update? 

7- Are you having issues with Bluetooth only or with Wi-Fi too (both)?

8- Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.
  • Once you have saved the file (.txt file), please attach it to your reply.
  • To upload and attach a file, use the "Drag and drop here or browse files to attach" option below the response textbox.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
arthur0303
Beginner

Hi Andrew,
Thank you for your answer, i'll try to complete my message with more informations.

1- Yes, I'm using the AC-7265 at the moment, and no i didn't check for compatibility, i got it done by a repair shop.

2- Yes, I've found the JBL Go speaker, i can use it just fine with bluetooth, I just had troubles to connect it because I couldn't find it using the Windows 10 searching tool I should be normally using.

3- I don't have other BT speakers, and the only other BT device i have is my phone, which also connects perfectly now.

4- I'll try my best. See attached files. "add BT device" list is how i am supposed to do it and how it didn't work. It was searching for a new device and never found one. "how i found it list" is how i finally managed to add the BT speaker.
The "BT update" list is the most important as it is my only problem left.
Sorry if it's in french as i posted on the english forum. I'll try to switch W10 language to english.

5- I bought the AC- 7265 recently, the wifi card is working just fine, i didn't try the BT card yet but i guess it worked fine too. Only problem now, is that, for the past month or so, i got an update showing for the BT drivers and I'm unable to complete it.

6- c.f. 5- no problem except the update not working.

7- c.f. 5- wifi working fine.

8- done.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello arthur0303

Thank you for your response and for all the details provided. Since you mentioned that the only problem now is the one regarding the update notification, we will focus on this.

We checked the website of the motherboard MSI* Z170-A PRO (MS-7971) and we don't see any reference to Wi-Fi drivers or Wireless cards, so the only resource seems to be using Intel's generic drivers.

When you update the wireless adapter software package, it might not update the wireless adapter driver if it includes the same driver as the previous release. The Intel® Wireless 7265 Family adapters have two different hardware revisions (Rev C SKU and Rev D SKU) and each installs a different Wi-Fi driver version.

Based on the Intel® SSU report, the Bluetooth driver is reported as version "10.0.19041.1" and the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 driver installed is being reported as version "18.33.11.2".

In order to confirm if this behavior could be related to the Revision SKU and to determine what is the latest and proper driver available for your hardware, could you please confirm the following details:

1- Follow the steps in this link: "Why Do I See a Different Wi-Fi Driver Version With My Intel® Wireless 7265 Family Adapters?" and please let us know the Revision SKU ("C" or "D") your wireless card has. Kindly provide a screenshot showing the result.

2- To double-check the Bluetooth driver version currently installed, please go to Windows® Settings > Apps & Features > look for Intel® Wireless Bluetooth and click on it to see the driver version. (for instance, 20.100.X.1).

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
arthur0303
Beginner

Hey there, sorry for the late answer.

My hardware revision is C as you can see on the screenshot.

As for the Bluetooth driver i cannot find it where you directed me. (see "BT driver1")

I've been trying to find it in the device manager also without success.

Cheers

Arthur

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello arthur0303

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance. Please do not hesitate to contact us back if you have additional inquiries.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello arthur0303

Thank you for your response.

The "regular downloads" on Intel®'s Download Center for the latest Wireless/Bluetooth software release version does not include new drivers for the Intel® Wireless 7265 Family (Rev.C) since it will be discontinued soon as it relates to “End of Life” products.

Please refer to the following link for the latest available Bluetooth driver for this device and revision:

Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® for Intel® Wireless 7265 Family (Rev. C), Driver version = 20.100.5.1

We suggest trying to install this driver from the previous link and check the behavior. You may refer to the links below for recommended steps on how to uninstall/install Wireless and Bluetooth drivers:

Please feel free to report back the outcome of the steps.

Note:

Based on the Intel® SSU report, we noticed the current wireless driver is "18.33.11.2". Just for you to know, you may find also the latest wireless driver for Intel® Wireless 7265 Family (Rev.C) in this link:

Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Intel® Wireless 7265 Family (Rev. C), Driver version = 18.33.17.1

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
arthur0303
Beginner

Hello Andrew,

I've tried to reinstall both drivers and i'll provide a new Intel SSU Scan.

The AC 7265 Wifi drivers are now up to 18.33.17.1 version.

For the BT, it is more problematic. The driver is up to date as i followed the guide you provided, but:
1) when unistalling the wifi card to unistall the drivers aswell, i've done the same for the intel BT device, which isn't shown in the device manager anymore, expecting to unistall the drivers like i've done for the wifi card.
2) this results in BT not beeing avaible on my computer again while the BT drivers are up to version 21.10.1.1

I'll try to restart and i'll post if it solve the problem, so if i'm not posting, i'd have still issues with the installation of the BT card.

0 Kudos
arthur0303
Beginner

Ok, the restart has done it. BT is working fine again and both wifi and BT drivers seem up to date.
Thank you for your work on checking the best drivers versions for my device, i could'nt have guessed to check the revision of my card.

I guess i'll have to unistall Intel driver support assistant because it still wants me to upgrade my BT drivers to a version not avaible for REV C...

Anyway, i'll check this post as solved.

Thank you again,

Best regards,

Arthur

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello arthur0303

Thank you very much for your response.

We are glad to know that Bluetooth is working fine again and both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth drivers seem up to date.

Note: Regarding Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA)

We may say that behavior with the driver is expected due to Legacy (Discontinued) Intel Wireless Adapters are part of the list of items that the Intel® DSA does not currently offer, but may still appear as a detected component in your system when you perform an Intel® DSA scan, as it is noted in the following link: Intel Products that Aren't Supported by Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA)

To download the updates for these products, we recommend following the specific links provided to Download Center for Rev C or checking the Computer Manufacturer Support Website*. You may just disregard the Intel® DSA update notification.

Since there are no more inquiries in the thread and it has been checked as "Solved" we will proceed to close this inquiry now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

It has been a pleasure to assist you and best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos