Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7424 Discussions

AC-7265 showing wrong version after upgrade on Lenovo T450s (Win10)

ASing441
Beginner

Intel AC-7265 - Showing wrong driver version after upgrading with ProSet software version 18.4 - I had 18.32 version before, after the upgrade it won't show latest version. I read some suggestion on this forum and un-installed the driver also by selecting to delete driver files until this option is no longer available. It showed after reboot I have 17.15 version I think. I ran the upgrade again with 18.4 software, now shows 17.16 (2015-02-23). I tried upgrade again, says most current version is already there. Contacted Lenovo, they tried their software version 18.4 package, which I tried before I tried from the Intel site, no difference. They are suggesting to run recovery disk to re-image the laptop. I would prefer not do that. Any help from this form be appreciated. Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

singher,

We do understand your situation. In the case that you deleted from Device Manager until your computer no loger detected it, it is important to make sure no file was left behind. It is also recommended to delete it from Control Panel >> Programs and Features and then re-install them back and then check if it will show the right one. Let us know if you have already done that as well in order for us to check what the next step would be.

0 Kudos
ASing441
Beginner

Hi aleki_intel, thanks for the quick response.

Yes I did delete from the Device Manager, and from Control Panel the ProSet software. On each restart the computer keeps detecting AC7265 card and driver version last went to 17.15 I think. It appears not all files get removed with the delete option, even when I don't have any option to delete in Device Manager when it was down to 17.15. I no way of manually deleting driver files, unless Intel has a removal utility or instructions. Thanks for your continued support.

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

singher10,

In this particular case, in order for us to take a closer look into this issue, we recommend that you contact your nearest intel contact center in order to have live support from one of our technicians. Here is the link: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html Contact Support - Make sure to select your region and the best form of contact for live support ( either call or chat ). Let us know if you need anything else.

0 Kudos