Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7437 Discussions

AC 8260 WLAN Connection before Login fails

KPest
Beginner

Hello

We faced a strange behavior with new HP 850G3 Notebooks with AC 8260 Wireless. We set a WLAN Profile via GPO to connect to the WLAN when the computer is starting. Sometimes it works but most of the time the connections is not made until an user logs in. This causes that the user has no network drives and the profile is not loading.

In the Windows event logs I see errors like:

Description for event ID "6510" from "NETwNs64" not found.

\Device\NDMP8

Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260

I have completely uninstalled all network drivers (even those from Windows) and reinstalled them with Intel(R) Driver Update Utility but the problem still exists. The wireless signal is very strong and with older notebooks (HP 850 G1) it works fine.

Driver Version: 19.10.2.1

PROSet/Wireless Software: 19.20.3

Does anyone have similar problems and/or a solution?

thanks for any answer!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello fabricas,

We understand you are having issues setting up your wireless adapter to be used with the Pre-Login connect feature.

First we would like to point out that the drivers provided by us through the Driver Update Utility are our latest generic drivers. We always recommend using the OEM specific drivers provided by your computer manufacturer, if at all possible. The drivers provided to you by HP*, in this case, will take into account any changes and feature modifications made while the adapter was integrated into your system. Our generic drivers may not.

In order to better assist you, we would like to have some more information first. To get everything we should need in the simplest way, please download the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Intel® System Support Utility. This tool will allow you to scan your system and save the results into a report. Please attach this report to your response by using the advanced editor while replying.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
KPest
Beginner

Hi Carlos

Thanks for your reply. Attached is the system information. I also tried the latest drivers provided by HP with the same result.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello fabricas,

In Windows* 7 you will need to create a PST and PLC (Persistent and Pre-login) profile using the Single Sign On Pre-Login Connect feature.

To install this feature, select Custom during the Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers installation, then select all available options.

If the PROSet is currently installed, you may modify the installation via Programs and Features. Right click on Intel® PROSet/Wireless Wireless Software and select "Change" then "Modify."

- http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000007119.html Frequently Asked Questions About Single Sign-On (SSO) Features for Intel® PROSet for Wireless Software.

I believe you're already using the latest drivers available, but I'll include these links just in case:

- http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=7815300&swItemId=ob_179280_1&swEnvOid=4059 Intel® Wireless LAN Drivers for HP* EliteBook* 850 G3 Notebook PC.

- http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005634.html Download Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers.

NOTE: Any links provided for third party tools or sites are offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel® of the content, products, or services offered there.

For additional information, you may refer to the attached files. If you have any doubts, please let us know.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello fabricas,

We're following up on your thread since we have not heard back from you.

Was the information provided enough to help resolve your issue? Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
KPest
Beginner

Hi Carlos

I didn't have time to test it yet. I'll try it next week and give you feedback.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello fabricas,

If you have any questions in the mean time, just let us know.

We look forward to finding out your results.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello fabricas,

We're following up on your thread since we have not received any response from you in a while.

Has your issue been resolved? Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos