Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7424 Discussions

AC-8260 WiFi 5g constant connection cuts

srato
Beginner

I just installed Windows 10 on my Lenovo P51 with the AC-8260 WiFi adapter. When connecting the 5g WiFi I have constant cuts. If I use the 2.4g network the connection works perfectly.

I have installed the WiFi_22.10.0_Driver64_Win10 package but the problems continue. I can't use the 5g WiFi.

As I have dual boot (W10 and W7) when I use windows 7 the 5g WiFi works perfectly, it has no problem.

Problems appear between windows 10 and 5g WiFi. Can you help me find a solution?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Khun_Doug
Valued Contributor I

Some additional information will be useful in helping to resolve this. First, have you checked with Lenovo to see if the laptop has a firmware/BIOS update? It is not uncommon for laptops to receive firmware updates to resolve problems after the units are manufactured.

Next, what version of Windows 10 are you using? The important thing to note would be whether the laptop updated to a newer rev of Windows 10. Also, has the wireless driver undergone several updates since you have had the laptop?

One thing to try is to remove the device from Windows device manager, including the checkbox to uninstall the driver. Once the device has been removed, then reinstall the driver with the current package and see if that resolves the issue. There are times when multiple driver updates clobber something in the system and the only way to resolve it is to remove the device and the add it back.

Finally, it is difficult to know that your Windows 7 link is using the same channels and link speed as the Windows 10 link. The best way to find that is from your Wireless router. Hopefully there is a section within the router that will detail what devices are linked and show details on the channels and the speed and signal strength.

0 Kudos
srato
Beginner
Thanks, let me check it and I'll send you more information.
0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello srato,

Were you able to gather the information?

Please, provide this information too that can be really helpful:

• Is the wireless card an integration you made to your system?

Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) 

Best regards,

Maria R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello srato,

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let me know if you need more assistance.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

0 Kudos
srato
Beginner
Hi all,

Thanks for the comments. I still need a solution. I'm currently out of my house in a Christmas trip. I will be back on January 11th. I will check your comments a try to find a solution with your support.

Happy new year!!
0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello srato,

Awesome! thank you for let us know.

We will leave your thread open for a few weeks.

Happy Holidays!

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello srato,

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let me know if you need more assistance.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

0 Kudos
srato
Beginner
First of all, sorry for the delay.

Currently, in my Mikrotic router, I changed the channel width from 20/40 MHz XX to 20MHz. This allow me to use the 5G network.

I don't know if I can use 20/40 MHz Ce or eC.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Khun_Doug
Valued Contributor I

I'm not clear on the Mikrotic terminology. Does the ec/Ce apply to only 5 GHz band? For a full AC link you would need an 80 MHz wide signal. That would require more than the control channel.

The Intel rep requested you run the Intel SSU. Please submit the results as this will give some detail on your hardware.

Would you please  describe your Internet link to the Mikrotic router? What is your Internet bandwidth? What other devices are connecting to the Mikrotic and what speeds are they achieving with a speed test page or app?

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello srato,

As our community member Khun_Doug commented we are still missing some important information.

Were you able to see our posts?

Please let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Maria R.

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello srato,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

0 Kudos