Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

AC 8260 bluetooth

ACabe
Beginner

Hi !

Just bought and installed an 8260 AC card to replace a broadcom BCM94352Z and wifi works perfectly but my laptop don't recognize the Bluetooth functions (was working before with the broadcom), does not even appear in hardware settings. The laptop is a Lenovo Edge 15 80K9 running Windows 10 family. I have runned the intel driver software update app. and does not fix the problem, what should I try?

I replaced the other card for connections issues which is working now perfectly with the 8260, but no Bluetooth anymore...

Thanks!

Alex

0 Kudos
4 Replies
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

Hello AlexMcCabe612,

As we understand, you replaced the built-in wireless adapter of your PC with an Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260, and the Bluetooth* controller is not working after that.

I would like to inform that you should always contact the http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/oems.html Computer Manufacturer Support before replacing the wireless adapter in your PC, since they are the best source to let you know which cards are compatible with your system. These adapters can only be installed by the manufacturer or its authorized representative.

Here are a few basic things you can check prior to contacting the PC manufacturer:

- Make sure that Bluetooth* is enabled in your PC. This is normally done with a switch in the PC chassis, or with a key combination.

- Check in Device Manager - Bluetooth Radios, and look for Intel® Wireless Bluetooth®, or if there is any unknown device shown.

- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25840/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-for-Bluetooth-technology-for-Windows-10 Download Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth® technology for Windows® 10, version 18.16.1. Try to install it and check if this helps.

0 Kudos
ACabe
Beginner

Hi Jonathan!

Honestly Lenovo has not been very helpfull, they were not very happy with the idea of replacing the card as the computer is still under warranty and they wanted to only replace the card with the exact same thing and this would not have solved my problem so I decided to handle the problem by myself.

So honnestly I was affraid that Lenovo had put a whitelist in the Bios but it's not the case as I am actually using the new 8260 card and it goes perfectly well on the wifi side, all my connection problem are solved on the wifi.

Now I have to fix the Bluetooth side...

Yes I downloaded the correct driver and installed it. 18.16.1

I have no physical button to turn on the Bluetooth.

In the control panel under hardware, the Bluetooth settings is not anymore present (it was before with the broadcom card) so there is nothing I can work on...

In device manager, Bluetooth is not present and even if i make a hardware scan it does not appear...

What else can I try?

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
ACabe
Beginner

I even tried a generic Bluetooth driver and it simply does not see the Bluetooth side of the card...

Could it have to be turned on in the Bios?

I deleted the old broadcomm drivers, re-installed the new intel driver, rebooted many time the machine without succes....

It does not see the card as a Bluetooth capable card!

How can i fix this?

0 Kudos
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

In this case, it seems your system is not compatible with the Bluetooth* component of the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260. If it was, you should be able to see it in Device Manager (at least as an unidentified device). Please remember that Intel® Wireless Adapters are meant to be installed from factory in OEM PC's; if the computer was not designed with this adapter in mind, then there is no guarantee that it will operate properly.

From our support perspective, if you need Bluetooth* connectivity we advise you to go back to Lenovo and follow their recommendations.

Another option is to keep your system as it is, and use an external adapter for Bluetooth*.

0 Kudos