Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

AC 8265 / 6000 - BSS missed beacons on Asus UX430UAR

dongary
Novice

I have an Asus UX430UAR laptop with an i7 CPU and the Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 chip. The OS is fully updated to Windows 10 home premium 20H2 build 19042.985 and the driver is the latest v20.70.19.1.

The update was delivered by windows and it is filling my system log file up with “6000 - BSS missed beacons. This event is info event which is used for debug purposes only.” There are more than 10000 entries in just a few weeks.

Does anyone know what these are and how can I stop the driver from filling up my event log?

My laptop works fine, there is no appreciable effect on wifi traffic/speed, everything is working a full speed. Windows was reinstalled earlier this year. Any ideas?

Here is a list of all the Intel drivers installed:

• 8.3.10205.4743 Dynamic Platform Thermal Framework
  • 30.100.1816.3 Intel(R) Serial IO Driver
  • 22.10.0.2 Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R)
  • 26.20.100.7325 Intel HD Graphics Drivers for Windows(R)
  • 20.70.19.1 Intel® Wireless WiFi Link Adapter
  • 11.7.0.1040 Intel(R) Management Engine Interface

There are no other updates available.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

dongary, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this matter, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

Is this a new computer?

Was it working fine before?

When did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

The wireless card, did you purchased it separately or did it came installed on the computer?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, please check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
dongary
Novice

Hellos Albert, thank you for your reply. Pls find attached the SSU report of my Asus UX430UAR “ultrabook” configuration (I'm outside so the network is a 4G mobile, if this is important). Regarding the questions you put:

• IS THIS A NEW COMPUTER? No, I’ve been using it for around 3ys but the build is new, I reinstalled Windows using the mediacreation tool in apr 21, wiping the disk and updating all drivers.
  • WAS IT WORKING FINE BEFORE? Before the Intel WiFi/BT updates, yes it worked fine but the SSD was full of MS updates and apps I wasn’t using. The laptop works very well now and I have a lot of free diskspace.
  • WHEN DID THE ISSUE START? I think with the driver update but my logs disappeared with the install of windows.
  • DID YOU MAKE ANY RECENT HARDWARE/SOFTWARE CHANGES? No HW changes, its an Ultrabook. Office version passed from 2016 to 2019.
  • THE WIRELESS CARD, DID YOU PURCHASED IT SEPARATELY OR DID IT CAME INSTALLED ON THE COMPUTER? Installed in the computer (probably on the motherboard of my Ultrabook)
  • DOES THE PROBLEM HAPPEN AT HOME OR IN THE WORK ENVIRONMENT? At home and on public networks, personal PC cannot be connected to the work network (work policy)

Hope this helps.

Gary

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

dongary, You are very welcome, thank you very much for providing that information and the report.

Based on the details you provided it seems the problem could be related to Windows* itself, especially based on the fact that, as you mentioned, that the problem started right after the update and that the Wireless connection is working without any problems.

Just to let you know, we always recommend to install the Wireless driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was customized by them to work with your specific platform.

According to the SSU report, the wireless driver version currently installed is 20.70.19.1. I looked in ASUS web site and the wireless driver they have available is version V20.60.0.1530.05, which is the driver tested and validated by them for your system, we can always try a clean installation of that driver following the instructions in the links below:

https://www.asus.com/supportonly/UX430UAR/HelpDesk_Download/

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/wireless/intel-wireless-gigabit-products.html

If the problem remains, then we can try a clean installation this time of the Intel® Generic Wireless driver version 20.70.21.2, which is very similar to the one that is currently installed:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30279/Windows-10-Wi-Fi-Drivers-for-Intel-Wireless-Adapters

Another option, after backing up all the important information you might have on the computer, will be to try to do a Windows* restore point back to the moment before the update, in the following link you will see the instructions in order to try that:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/recovery-options-in-windows-10-31ce2444-7de3-818c-d626-e3b5a3024da5

Also, you can always get in contact with Microsoft Support to report this scenario, to verify if they have a way to stop the automatic driver updates and for further assistance on this matter:

https://support.microsoft.com/

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
dongary
Novice

Thank you Albert, in fact I tried rolling back to the old Asus driver in April and it does solve the beacon error. The problem is windows tries to update it again..

The Intel software program detects and limits the upgrade of the Asus display driver but doesn’t stop me from updating the WiFi o Bluetooth driver. Do you know if the Asus WiFi pack is OEM?

So I just installed the Generic Wireless driver version 20.70.21.2 and will see what happens.

I am looking now at the event log and note that there are no 6000 entries this week with the 20.70.19.1 driver. This week I have been using hibernate rather than sleep mode and I am tempted to state that there are more beacon errors when the laptop returns from sleep. Does that make sense?

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

dongary, You are very welcome, thank you very much for sharing those results.

"Do you know if the Asus WiFi pack is OEM?" It could be yes, but to verify that the best thing to do will be to get in contact with ASUS directly, they should be able to confirm that information, or you can visit ASUS's web site and compare driver versions:

https://www.asus.com/support/

https://www.asus.com/supportonly/UX430UAR/HelpDesk_Download/

"Does that make sense?", yes, but actually that will be more related to the Operating System, to Windows, which in that case the best thing to do will be to check with Microsoft directly.

Please let us know the results of using the Intel® Generic Graphis driver version 20.70.21.2.

Regards,
Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello dongary, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
dongary
Novice

Hello Albert, so ASUS have released versions of the wifi drivers (and BT) on there website:

• WirelessLan_PIE_DCH_Intel_Z_V20.70.19.1_21134
  • Bluetooth_DCH_Intel_Z_V22.10.0.2_21136

I tried the their WiFi driver and the beacon errores returned, so for the moment I am sticking with the Intel Generic driver v 20.70.21.2. As a user, there is no difference for me between the two drivers, only v20.70.19.1 fills my event log with beacon errors..

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello dongary, Thank you very much for letting us know those updates.

We are sorry to hear that the problem with beacon errors comes back when using the drivers provided by ASUS. 

So yes, you can kee using the Intel® Generic Wireless/Bluetooth drivers, but make sure to get in contact with ASUS to report this scenario so they can work in trying to fix this problem, there should not be any kind of issues when using the driver customized by them.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
sax_man424
Beginner

Is there an update to this issue as we have also started experiencing this issue with the latest version of the drivers.

0 Kudos