Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7429 Discussions

AC 8265 w/ driver 20.70.15.1 crashes my computer upon entering sleep mode

ahunt13
Beginner

More often than not in the past few weeks when I close my laptop it crashes when it should be entering sleep mode. The Windows minidumps return the message FAILURE_ID_HASH_STRING: km:0x9f_3_power_down_nwifi!filterpause. Has anybody else been experiencing this issue lately? I'm on Windows 10 on an HP Spectre 15-bl00XX laptop. Please visit my thread on the Windows forums for my conversation with an advisor: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-power/windows-crashes-when-entering-sleep-mode-andor/4eaca986-7cec-45b1-a0d0-9a10eed45a8a?tm=1581917429230&auth=1&page=2&rtAction=1581994540043

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello ahunt13,

Thank you for submitting your question on this Intel® Community.

To better assist you, we would like to have more information about your system configuration.

• Did this issue start happening after a Windows* or driver update? If so, please provide more details.
  • Did the Intel® Wireless Adapter come preinstalled in the computer?
  • Does this issue happen if you put the computer to sleep using another method other than closing the laptop lid?

• Please generate a system report with the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach it to this thread.
  1. Intel® SSU Download link
  2. Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".
  3. Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  4. To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello ahunt13,

If you need further assistance, please let us know. We will be glad to assist you.

Wanner G.

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello ahunt13,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos