Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7365 Discussions

AC 9260 160 MHZ Keeps on disconnecting from wifi

DHesi
Beginner

So i recently purchased MSI B450 Gaming Pro AC Wifi motherboard with the AC 9260 wifi network adapter. I Keep on getting disconnected from my wi-fi and by manually pressing connect it will go back to normal. This is starting to happen a lot more often.

I have also read on different forums that this problem happens to other people. I can provide more information if needed. I would much appreciate your help. Thank you.

Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9260 160MHZ

Driver Version - 21.80.2.1

I also had originally installed the drivers from my Motherboards website, which were slightly older, but the problem was still there.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel

DHesi, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the Router?

Even though the PC is recently purchased, did it working fine at some point?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

The wireless card, did you purchased it separately or did it came installed on the computer?

When did the issue start?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Did you check with your Internet service provider to make sure the Internet is working properly?

Does the problem happen at home or work environment?

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello DHesi, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
DHesi
Beginner

Hey, sorry i have just noticed that someone has replied to my post.

• Model of my router: VMDG505/ TG2492LG-VM
  • Even though the PC is recently purchased, did it working fine at some point? - No, since the moment i built it it had that problem, i have updated drivers with no progress, also it seems to be happeneing a lot more often now.
  • Did you make any recent hardware/software changes? - As mentioned previously i have built the PC from scratch and the problem seems to always been there, also i highly doubt that its the internets/ routers problem as all other device at home work fine.
  • The wireless card is build in to the Motherboard
  • Issue started since the first time i installed/ booted the PC
  • Currently Using Windows 10 Pro - 64 bit
  • The internet has always been working without a problem on my previous system, and still does on other devices around the house
  • Home environment

I can provide more information if needed.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

DHesi, No problem, thank you very much for providing that information.

There are some troubleshooting steps that we can try, based on the Advanced Intel® Wireless Adapter Settings provided in the link below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005585/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html

• Change the Wireless Mode or HT Mode to VHT mode or 802.11ac only.
  • Test different bands, only the 5Ghz band and then the 2.4GHZ band only, to confirm if the problem is the same on both bands.
  • Change the channel width from "Auto" to "20 MHz"
  • Disable Fast BSS Transition Roaming
  • Do you have the option to connect the computer to another network/Router/AP?
  • Are you using a VPN connection? Please disable it and test if the behavior is the same?
  • For testing purposes, disconnect all other devices connected to the Router and test just your computer connected to it, to verify if the issue persists that way.

Sometimes there is a firmware update available for the Router, did you check with the manufacturer of it to verify if that is the case for this unit in order to install it?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello DHesi, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
DHesi
Beginner

Hi there, I have tried changing the channel width from "Auto" to "20 MHz" and i have done it for both 2.4 and 5 Ghz channels and that seemed to fix the problem for now, i haven't disconnected even once since i tried doing this 6 days ago. Thank you very much for your help, if the problem starts occurring again i will tried the other steps if possible, if not i will get back on the forum. Once again Thank You very much for your help.

Kind Regards,

Dawid.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

DHesi, You are very welcome, thank you very much for letting us know those details.

No problem at all, go ahead and monitor the Wireless connection and once you get the chance please let us know the results.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello DHesi, I just wanted to check if the problem with the Wireless connection got fixed and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello DHesi, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, just reply back or post a new question.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos