Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7366 Discussions

AC 9260 Bluetooth Audio Keeps Fading In and Out

AAshe1
Beginner

Whenever I connect my bluetooth headphones to my Dell XPS 9360 laptop with intel AC 9260 wireless adapter the audio that is streamed to the headphones will fade in and out every few sections. This happens no matter how close or far I am from my laptop, and whether or not my laptop is busy doing other things or not. If I connect normal headphones to the laptop audio jack the audio is fine. If I connect my bluetooth headphones to another device the audio is fine.

I've tried relying on the default drivers that Windows 10 installs for the device, as well as installing the newest drivers, and doing a clean install of the newest set of drivers.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee
Hello AAshe1, Thank you for posting on the Intel® Communities. Did you integrate the wireless card to your laptop? When did the behavior start? What is your driver version? Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
AAshe1
Beginner

Dear Amy,

If you are asking if I installed the adapter myself the answer is that yes I did. The laptop came with a Killer Wireless network card that kept dropping wifi connections and not being able to connect. This intel 9260 wifi card is working great when it comes to connecting to wireless networks, but the bluetooth issues are driving me insane.

The behavior started from the first time I installed the drivers. Just to make sure I wasn't insane I just did another "clean install" from your intel clean install guide. I installed BT_20.110.0_64.exe which I assume means I am installing driver version BT_20.110.0_64, but in Device manager it lists the installed driver as 20.110.0.3 . When I try to click on update the driver then select browse my computer for driver software it only shows me the current 20.110.0.3 driver. If I select search automatically for updated driver software it tells me the driver is up to date.

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee
Thanks for the information. Since this an integration our support is limited for the following reasons: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005687/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html Have you tried using the Windows inbox driver? You can always try older version from our end, but we can confirm if they will work: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/99445/Intel-Wireless-AC-9260. If you are able to find a version that works for you, we recommend you to stick with it. Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
AAshe1
Beginner

Dear Amy,

Is it possible to return this item as defective for a new one?

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee
You would need to check with your place of purchase. Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos