Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

AC 9260 - Latest driver 22.10 does not work at all

Jeffman
Beginner

I've been experiencing really slow AC speeds (LAN file transfers around 5 MB/s) so I tried upgrading my AC 9260 driver from 21.60 to 22.10. But with 22.10 I can't connect to any network at all. The networks all show up fine but any time I try connecting I get "Can't connect to this network".

I uninstalled 22.10 and rolled back to 21.60 and it worked again. I then wanted to try 22.00 but the installer complains that a newer version is already installed even though I uninstalled it. So then I tried uninstalling 21.60 per the support page instructions to completely remove the drivers -- still can't install 22.00 because a newer version is installed.

Now I have to roll all the way back to 21.10 because that's the only version bundled with Windows, and I'm stuck there because Windows will only let me update to the latest 22.10 which is broken.

Has anyone else successfully upgraded to 22.10 with AC 9260?

Windows version: Windows 10 64-bit 20H2 (19042.685). I have no errors under Event Viewer but the Events tab in Device Manager shows "Device not started" with these details:

Device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2526&SUBSYS_00148086&REV_29\4&14d304fc&0&00E0 had a problem starting.

Driver Name: netwtw08.inf
Class Guid: {4d36e972-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
Service: Netwtw08
Lower Filters:
Upper Filters: vwifibus
Problem: 0x15
Problem Status: 0x0

It's not clear if the error pertains to the 22.10 driver or if it's a red herring with the 21.10 driver. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Jeffman, You are very welcome, thank you very much for providing that information and the SSU report.

In reference to this scenario, just to let you know, when you install the Intel® Wireless card separately that is what we call "Wireless Integration" and the thing is that there are different factors to take into consideration like for example the compatibility of all the parts.

We always recommend to install the Wireless driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was heavily customized by them to work with your specific platform.

I looked on Dell's web site and the latest Wireless driver they have available in there is version 22.10.0.2, A23, please try a clean installation of that driver following the instructions in the link below and once you get the chance please let us know the results:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=pvt48&oscode=wt64a&productcode=xps-15-7590-laptop

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-io/wireless.html

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Jeffman, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this scenario, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the motherboard?

If this is a laptop, what is the model of it?

What is the model of the Router?

Is this a new computer?

When did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

The wireless card, did you purchased it separately or did it came installed in the computer?

Does the problem happen at home or work environment?

Please provide the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, please check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Jeffman
Beginner

Thanks Albert -- here's the information you requested:

• What is the model of the motherboard? Proprietary/custom laptop motherboard
  • If this is a laptop, what is the model of it? Dell XPS 15 7590
  • What is the model of the Router? NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 (R7000), running dd-wrt v3.0-r37015M
  • Is this a new computer? No
  • When did the issue start? Immediately after upgrading to the 22.10 WiFi driver
  • Did you make any recent hardware/software changes? No
  • The wireless card, did you purchased it separately or did it came installed in the computer? It was purchased separately
  • Does the problem happen at home or work environment? Home

The SSU report is attached.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Jeffman, You are very welcome, thank you very much for providing that information and the SSU report.

In reference to this scenario, just to let you know, when you install the Intel® Wireless card separately that is what we call "Wireless Integration" and the thing is that there are different factors to take into consideration like for example the compatibility of all the parts.

We always recommend to install the Wireless driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was heavily customized by them to work with your specific platform.

I looked on Dell's web site and the latest Wireless driver they have available in there is version 22.10.0.2, A23, please try a clean installation of that driver following the instructions in the link below and once you get the chance please let us know the results:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=pvt48&oscode=wt64a&productcode=xps-15-7590-laptop

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-io/wireless.html

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Jeffman
Beginner

Thank you -- I was able to install that driver and it works now.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Jeffman, You are very welcome, thank you very much for letting us know those results.

Perfect, excellent, it is great to hear that you were able to install the Wireless driver provided by Dell and now the Wireless connection on the laptop is working properly.

Any other inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos