Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

AC 9260 Wireless Bluetooth not working. STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE

ESerp
Beginner

Hello everyone,

A while ago I bought an Intel Bluetooth device for my computer. Everything worked fine for a while and I eventually did a fresh install of windows onto a new SSD and HDD to allow my solid state to be my boot drive. (I would assume this is somewhat related to my issue??)

I hadn't used Bluetooth since before I made this change and I recently tried connecting to it only to get multiple errors, eventually getting to the most recent,

"This device cannot start. (Code 10)

STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE"

Not sure entirely what would be causing this. So far I've tried:

• Uninstalling the device and rebooting to reinstall
  • Updating drivers (multiple times)
  • Updating windows
  • Disabling fast-boot
  • re-registering btmshellex.dll (I don't know if I need this but I saw some other people saying it was a fix for an older post. I also didn't even have it.)

I thought initially it could be that something was not fully plugged on my motherboard but that wasn't the issue either.

Note: When using the troubleshooter it asks me to reinstall the drivers so I do. Upon doing so it says its working properly for a little bit before returning back to the error code above.

Please let me know what I might be able to do to fix this. I'll provide any other info needed upon request.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AlHill
Super User

What computer are we talking about? Be specific with the model number and manufacturer.

Doc

0 Kudos
ESerp
Beginner

It's a custom built computer. Here are the specs.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Download, run, and attach the results of this utility:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Then, an Intel support engineer will be able to assist you..

Doc

0 Kudos
ESerp
Beginner

I have downloaded it and attached it at the top and here. Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello ESerp, Thank you for joining this Intel Community. Try a clean installation of the Intel® Wireless Bluetooth* driver following the steps contained on this support link: Clean Installation of Wireless Drivers https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
ESerp
Beginner

Thanks for your suggestion. Unfortunately this did not work. I followed the steps through twice now with no results. I have also tried this previously. What should I try next?

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello ESerp, In that case, please try the following steps: A. Cold reboot. 1. Reset BIOS to default values. 2. Cold reboot your system. B. After rebooting your system, check the "Bluetooth Support service". Press Windows key + R, type services.msc. Next, right click on "Bluetooth Support service". If the service is stopped, select Restart. Right click on Bluetooth support service and select Properties and ensure that the startup type is Automatic. Please let us know if the issue persists. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello ESerp, If you have any further questions, we will be glad to help you. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos