Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7441 Discussions

AC-9560 Keeps Saying 'Connected, No Internet'

JJone70
Beginner

The AC-9560 is installed on a Dell Latitude 5501, running Windows 10. I have only had the laptop for a couple months now and, what appears to be randomly, the wifi card will drop the Internet connection but maintain a connection to my Internal network. I should mention it doesn't happen just on my network but any wireless network it's connected to at the time.

The connection seems to just come back after a while and no troubleshooting step seems to work more than once, if at all.

It just happened this evening and I: turned the wifi card on/off, reset the adapter, restarted the machine, ran 'netsh winsock reset' & restarted my machine again (this has worked in the past), restarted my main mesh router, restarted all my mesh routers, uninstalled my VPN service. None of that worked, then I walked away from the machine (as to not throw it out the window) and when I came back it was simply connected to the Internet again.

While this computer won't connect to the Internet, all my other devices to include ipads, mobile devices, other laptops, and tvs all stay connected and operate normally on the same network.

Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I have seen this issue as well -- and with more than just the AC-9560 module; I have seen it with NUC products that incorporate the AX200, AX201, AC-8265, AC-9462 and AC-3168 (i.e. this appears to be a general problem in the Wireless drivers). Sometimes you can disconnect and reconnect and get it to go, but more often you have to just walk away and wait for it to come back.

Yes, I would love to see this fixed,

...S

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello JJone70,

Thank you for posting your question on this Intel® Community.

To better assist you, we would like to have more information about your system configuration.

• Are you having issues on both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth?
  • When did it start to happen?
  • Do you remember if this issue happened after a new OS update or wireless driver update?
  • Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system or have you changed/installed a new adapter recently?

• Generate a system report with the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach it to this thread.
  1. Intel® SSU Download link
  2. Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU takes you to the "Summary View".
  3. Click on "Summary" to change to a "Detailed View".
  4. To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello JJone70,

If you need further assistance, please let us know. We will be glad to help you.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello JJone70,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need further assistance, please start a new thread. We will be glad to help you.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos