Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

AC-9560 Keeps Saying "Connected, No Internet" - Other Adapters/Devices Work Fine - UNRESOLVED

MSarr3
Beginner

Hi there,

I had the same issue in the previously opened thread here which was unresolved. I have tried everything like the previous person with no luck.

My follow up to the original thread is posted below:

https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P00004EjBceSAF/ac9560-keeps-saying-connected-no-internet-other-adaptersdevices-work-fine?language=en_US&t=1590100106285

I would be interested to see if there was a final solution with this.

I have the same issue with the same wifi card in my Razer Blad 15.

I have only had the laptop for a month or so and have been going crazy with this issue.

I have tried many many solutions with no avail.

The connection seems to just come back after a while and no solution ever seems to work more than once.

I have a wifi mesh network but no other device in my house has any issues including my previous laptop.

It used to fix the issue if I connected to a different wifi extender which did not even have internet access and connect back to my normal network but that stopped working after a while.

Connecting a usb wifi reciever and unplugging it seems to fix the issue but it will drop out again in the next day or so.

I am at the point where I am considering replacing the wifi card myself as I do not have the luxury of sending my machine out anywhere which I use for work.

Any help or updates would be appreciated as this is the only place online I have found someone with the same issue.

Cheers,

M

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel

MSarr3, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the Router?

Was it working fine before?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

The wireless card, did you purchased it separately or did it came installed on the computer?

When did the issue start?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Did you check with your Internet service provider to make sure the Internet is working properly?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
MSarr3
Beginner

What is the model of the Router?

I am using a NetGear Orbi RBR50 as my router.

As this is a wifi mesh network I thought that an excessive roaming issue was causing my firewall to cause this issue.

However I have eliminated the firewall as the issue after completely removing firewalls and antivirus with the issue persisting.

Was it working fine before?

This laptop is new and I have had this issue as soon i started using it.

I have many other laptops and devices and none have this issue.

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

No changes made.

The wireless card, did you purchased it separately or did it came installed on the computer?

Factory installed wireless card. I have not touched it.

When did the issue start?

Has been ongoing over a month as soon as I bought the laptop.

Every time I think I have temporarily fixed it it comes up again.

Most recently I connected a completely separate wifi range extender exclusively for my laptop to avoid any issue with excessive roaming from the mesh network.

This solved the issue for a few days when the same thing then happened.

I connected a usb wifi receiver to the laptop for a few minutes and after disconnecting it the laptop resumed connection to the internet again for now.

Which Windows* version are you using?

Windows 10 with latest updates installed.

Did you check with your Internet service provider to make sure the Internet is working properly?

As previously mentioned I have more than 10 other devices connected to my network which do not lose connection so it is a device issue not an internet issue.

I have tried many solutions found online with nothing working.

The windows troubleshooter is never helpful either.

Hope this information is useful and I appreciate your help with this.

Regards,

M

0 Kudos
MSarr3
Beginner

Apologies in terms of hardware changes I did replace the secondary hard drive on the machine with an SSD prior to using it.

It is a Razer Blade 15 which allows user to freely change such components.

The original SSD with windows installed on it or any other hardware components were not touched.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

MSarr3, Thank you very much for providing those details.

In the following link you will find the Advanced Intel® Wireless Adapter Settings in order to try some troubleshooting steps:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005585/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html

• Change the Wireless Mode or HT Mode to "HT mode or 802.11n only, then "VHT mode or 802.11ac only" and after that to 802.11ax only to confirm if the behavior is the same with all 3 modes. 
  • Test both bands separately, the 5Ghz band only and then 2.4GHZonly 
  • Change the channel width from "Auto" to "20 MHz"
  • Disable Fast BSS Transition Roaming
  • Do you have the option to connect the computer to another network/Router/AP?
  • Are you using a VPN connection? Do you have the option to disable it and test if the behavior is the same?
  • For testing purposes, disconnect all other devices connected to the Router and test just your computer connected to it, to verify if the issue persists that way.

We recommend to install the Wireless driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was highly customized by them work with your specific platform.

I looked in Razer's web site and the latest Wireless driver currently available is version 21.0.0.5, please test that driver and let us know the results:

http://drivers.razersupport.com//index.php?_m=downloads&_a=viewdownload&downloaditemid=3218&nav=0,350,885,886  

Sometimes there is a firmware update available for the Router, please check with the manufacturer of it to verify if that is the case for this unit in order to install it

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello MSarr3, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
MSarr3
Beginner

Hi Albert,

Thanks for the follow up.

Apologies I have been a little busy and haven't had time to respond.

I have tried the following for now and will let you know how it goes.

• Change the Wireless Mode or HT Mode to "HT mode or 802.11n only, then "VHT mode or 802.11ac only" and after that to 802.11ax only to confirm if the behavior is the same with all 3 modes. 
    • The wireless mode was set to 802.11ac and I have changed this to 802.11n for now.
  • Test both bands separately, the 5Ghz band only and then 2.4GHZonly 
    • I have not adjusted this as I want to test other conditions first. The issue does not happen more than once every day or every few days so I cannot try too many things at once.
  • Change the channel width from "Auto" to "20 MHz"
    • Changed to 20MHz for both 5 and 2.5GHZ
  • Disable Fast BSS Transition Roaming
    • I could not find where to change this
  • Do you have the option to connect the computer to another network/Router/AP?
    • Have tried this with the issue persisting. I connected to a different wifi range extender which was set up as an access point with no luck.
  • Are you using a VPN connection? Do you have the option to disable it and test if the behavior is the same?
    • Not using a VPN
  • For testing purposes, disconnect all other devices connected to the Router and test just your computer connected to it, to verify if the issue persists that way.
    • I have had few devices connected before with the same issue unfortunately.

0 Kudos
MSarr3
Beginner

With regards to the manufacturer firmware update.

I am running a Razer Blad 15 Mid 2019 base model.

I believe the link you sent was for a more advanced model. Will that driver be suitable for my machine?

I could not find an equivalent driver under my devices page on the razer website.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

MSarr3, You are very welcome, no problem at all thank you very much for letting us know those results.

You mentioned you "had few devices connected before with the same issue unfortunately", what happens when you disconnect all other devices and connect just the computer to the Router?

Regarding your question about if the driver showing in the link provided previously is suitable for your device, the best thing to do will be to get in contact directly with Razer for them to confirm if that is the proper driver for your system and for them to provide the Wireless driver validated by for your platform, once you do that please install it and let us know the results:

https://support.razer.com/  

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
MSarr3
Beginner

Thanks Albert,

So far I have not had the issue come up again since making the changes in the previous post.

I will continue to monitor and update if it occurs again.

One strange update:

I was at a friends house yesterday with my previous laptop.

I have never had any issues with that laptop at my home. However suddenly the same issue occured on that laptop when I connected to my friend's network.

I removed my antivirus software (eset antivirus) and also restarted the machine. This seemed to fix the issue.

I was very confused as I had never had that issue with that computer.

That machine has an Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 8260 adapter.

I will continue to monitor this machine as well and see if I can identify any patterns that are in line with this issue.

Also in regards to your first comment, I have not tried having only one machine connected to the router as it is not realistic for me to do this for an extended period of time with other family members using the internet.

Thanks again for your help.

Regards,

M

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

MSarr3, You are very welcome, thank you very much for letting us know those updates.

Perfect, no problem, please keep monitoring the behavior of the Intel® Wireless-AC 9560 card and once you get the chance please let us know the results.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello MSarr3, I just wanted to check if the problem with the Wireless connection got fixed and if you need further assistance on this topic?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello MSarr3, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, just reply back or post a new question.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos