Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7366 Discussions

AC 9560 connection problems

B4RB4R4
Novice

Hi!

I'm a owner of a brandnew Thinkpad X1 Carbon 7th Gen with a AC 9560 wifi-adapter. 
The OS is Windows 10 pro - 2004- 19041.329
Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2202.130.0

However I'm experiencing troubles with WIFI as it is randomly disconnecting and it won't connect again. Sometimes it says my password is incorrect, sometimes it says connection failed and sometimes it all of a sudden does connect.

I followed all the steps listed here: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht502846

• rebooted the wifi
  • restarted my laptop
  • network reset
  • updated all latest drivers (on the intel website)
  • switched my Channel Width for 5GHz value to 20 MHz only
  • disable 802.11n/ac/ax Wireless mode
  • netsh winsock reset

This happens on both 5GHz and 2.4GHz bands.

I even did a clean install of my OS, but the problem didn't disappear. Everything else in the house works fine on the wifi. We even had our internet provider come and install a new modem. The problem persists whereas all the other equipment works fine on the network.

I have the same problem on other wifi-networks, not only at home.
e.g. couldn’t connect at work. Also there I got an “erroneous security key”error, knowing 100% sure that my input was in fact correct. 

In another instance I tried connecting at my parent’s house wifi, which failed, but it did work when relaying that same connecting through my smartphone.

I've attached the SSU report.

Can somebody please help me? 

I did my best to converse in English, my native language is Dutch, so sorry for any language errors.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
B4RB4R4
Novice

Just to let you know: it was a hardware-problem. The Lenovo technician came and discovered that the antena wire was not properly connected to the WiFi card.
He fixed it, so problem solved  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

B4RB4R4, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

No problem, thank you very much for clarifying that information and for the detailed explanation of the problem. Just to let you know, we only provide support in English language.

You mentioned that the laptop is brand new, when did you purchase it?

Also, the Windows* version currently installed is 2004, for testing purposes, do you have the option to do a roll-back on the Windows* version, maybe to go back to version 1903 or 1909?

In reference to the clean installation of OS, just to confirm, where did you get the image or the ISO file to do the clean installation?

Did the Wireless connection work fine at some point? 

Did you try a Windows* restore back to the point where it was working fine?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12415/windows-10-recovery-options

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
B4RB4R4
Novice

Hi @Alberto_Sykes , tnx for your help. 

You mentioned that the laptop is brand new, when did you purchase it?

End of June 2020. 

Also, the Windows* version currently installed is 2004, for testing purposes, do you have the option to do a roll-back on the Windows* version, maybe to go back to version 1903 or 1909?

no

In reference to the clean installation of OS, just to confirm, where did you get the image or the ISO file to do the clean installation?

A friend of mine, who is an legal ICT worker did it for me.

Did the Wireless connection work fine at some point? 

No, the connection is really hit and miss, sometimes it works all afternoon, sometimes it disconnects after a few minutes. The hardest part is trying to (re)connect. I sometimes have to make 20 attempts, which fail 20 times. I alreay saw all these errors, in random order.
- wrong password (while it is certainly correct)
- cannot connect to this network
- pre-shared keys do not match

and then suddenly by doing nothing and waiting there is a connection again.

I have this problem with all networks with different providers.

Did you try a Windows* restore back to the point where it was working fine?

no

I tried to add the WLAN report, where you can see al the errors, but it fails.

0 Kudos
AEMON
Beginner

Can you share your windows event error logs? @B4RB4R4 
I have experienced the same thing, but further investigation it seems it was a kernel based anti-cheat that was doing it.

0 Kudos
Gonçalo
Novice

Hi,

I have the same issue that you have, do you already fix that issue?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
B4RB4R4
Novice

Just to let you know: it was a hardware-problem. The Lenovo technician came and discovered that the antena wire was not properly connected to the WiFi card.
He fixed it, so problem solved  
0 Kudos
chewygum
Beginner

Good day, 

I have this similar problem since Saturday(14th Nov) after Microsoft updating. I have uninstall the driver, hard reboot the notebook (Dell Inspiron 7386), and installed the latest driver (ver 22.0.0.6), however still faced intermittent WiFi disconnection. Currently, I have uninstalled the latest driver (ver 22.0.0.6) and installed with the Dell driver. I have attached the system report. Kindly assist.   

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hi B4RB4R4, You are very welcome, thank you very much for letting us know those updates.

Perfect, excellent, it is great to hear that the problem with the Wireless connection got fixed and now the computer is working properly.

Any other inquiry, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
PanPan
Beginner
I have the same problem
I have close the bluetooth the problem was solved
I think is the buletooth affect the wifi function after update window 10 or driver

Hope intel can solve the problem a.s.a.p.

My device is MSI GF63 thin
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

@PanPan,

Everyone's issues are different and a separate conversation is necessary to allow your issue to be (separately) tracked to resolution. Please open your own conversation using the Post a Question button on the main Communities page.

Also, to save time, please download and run the Intel System Support Utility for Windows and have it save the report to a file. Then, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog below the edit box for the body of your post, upload and attach this file to the post.

...S

0 Kudos