Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

AC8265 Desktop adaptor kit

dinosoar
Beginner

Hello. I would like to add Bluetooth to my DELL Opti 380 (INTEL G41 express) w/ Win 7.  The above INTEL AC8265 NGW AC desktop kit looks like what I need. I am using a stand alone wifi router. I imagine the router will have to go.  I am hoping this AC8265 "kit" will transmit streaming desktop FM radio to my JVC "KABOOM" boombox in the garage about 60-70 feet away. I will surely have to by a BT (receiver?) to plug into the AUX port on the radio.  There is no JAZZ radio broadcast available where I live.  Thank You. 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello dinosoar,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

I was checking your and I understand that you would like to install an Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 to your laptop.

When talking about this process, there are several things that we need to take in consideration Performing a wireless integrations is subject to country-specific legal regulations. 

Before installing or changing the Intel® Wireless Adapter, Intel recommends that you contact the system manufacturer to obtain approval, step-by-step instructions, or support. 

It is worth mentioning that the integration may or may not work due to the following reasons: 

1. Hardware/software compatibility issues or dependencies. 

2. Manufacturer limitations. 

3. Driver limitations. 

In case that you would like to confirm that information please check the article Regulatory Information Regarding Wireless Hardware Installation or Upgrade 

With that being said, I would recommend checking with your laptop manufacturer for guidance and validated wireless adapters, computer design before making the upgrade.

Additionally, I would appreciate if you could provide more details about the configuration that you have in mind with the JVC "KABOOM" boombox.

Esteban D.

Intel Technical Support Technician  

0 Kudos
dinosoar
Beginner

Thank You for the previous reply. Let me try this again.  I am receiving a streaming FM radio station on my DELL desktop PC w/ INTEL G41 express chipset.   I would like to listen to this station on my JVC "KABOOM" boombox in my garage. The boombox is not equipped with any type of wireless or bluetooth technology. Can I buy some module or adapters or transmitter and receiver to achieve this wireless connection? I'm not sure the INTEL AC8265 desktop kit is what I need.  Please help. Thank You, dinosoar

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello dinosoar,

Thank you so much for the update.

First, let’s go ahead and focus in the wireless adapter support for your desktop. For that, as previously stated we would need to check with you computer manufacturer.

In this situation DELL*; This is because as they manufacturer the system they will have information about the hardware/software compatibility for this wireless adapter. This is to ensure that the wireless adapter integration will be completely functional.

Additionally, I was doing a little research about the Bluetooth receiver integration into the JVC "KABOOM" boombox*. I read about cases where the Bluetooth receiver work just fine with some of them. However, here we need to consider the model of the radio and it’s actual capabilities.

In my opinion, I would check with both manufacturer to make sure the desired configuration will work with no problems.

I found the JVC* Customer Support website in case you would like to check with them.

Esteban D.

Intel Technical Support Technician

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Why don't you use a simple device like this: https://www.amazon.com/Transmitter-Universal-Wireless-Modulator-Hands-Free/dp/B018QN4INM or this: https://www.amazon.com/SCOSCHE-TuneTone-Universal-Transmitter-Players/dp/B00BRSQ5MQ? They transmit the audio output over a selected FM channel and your boombox gets it via its FM receiver.

...S

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello dinosoar,

Were you able to check the recommendations provided? 

Please let me know if you need further assistance.   

Esteban D.  

Intel Technical Support Technician   

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello dinosoar,

We have not heard back from you. 

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored  

Esteban D.  

Intel Technical Support Technician   

0 Kudos