Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

AC9560 160MHz Connection problem on 5Gz with auto channel. Acer Aspire, Netgear Orbi RBR50.

JRasm7
Beginner

Same symptoms as in this thread.: https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P00004Etn40SAB/ac-9560-160mhz-connection-problems-on-5ghz-wifi-with-auto-channel-width

Don't know exactly when it started. Suddently I had totally drop out of connection, and called Acer Support. Reinstalled AC9560 + drivers + recovered windows after recommendation from Acer Support. With no good result.

I don't want to stay with low 20MHz speed. Rest of PC's in house runing auto and I have 500Mbps on these devices (300Mbps on mobile) and with devices close to router.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel

JRasm7, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the specific model of the Acer Aspire computer?

Is this a new computer?

Was it working fine before?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

The wireless card, did you purchased it separately or did it came installed on the computer?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Just to confirm, is the problem the same when using the 20MHz speed?

In the following link you will find the recommended settings that you can always test for the Intel® Wireless-AC 9560:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005585/network-and-io/wireless-networking.html

Regards,

Alberto R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
JRasm7
Beginner

Thanx for rapid reply and for taking it serious.

What is the specific model of the Acer Aspire computer?

• Acer Aspire A515-52. Intel Core i7-8565U

Is this a new computer?

• November 2018

Was it working fine before?

• Yes (with full internet speed 500Mbps)

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

• Automatic updates are allways on.

The wireless card, did you purchased it separately or did it came installed on the computer?

• It came installed on the computer

Which Windows* version are you using?

• Windows 10 Home, 64 bit,

Just to confirm, is the problem the same when using the 20MHz speed?

• It connects fine to router / internet when using 20MHz
  • When set to Automatic no data gets through, (even though if it manage to connect to router)

Best regards, Jes

PS: My HP Laptop work PC with AC8265 card takes Automatic. The link rate is 866Mbps and download speed is 500Mbps (max provided by my ISP)

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

JRasm7, You are very welcome, thank you for providing that information.

We recommend to install the Wireless driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was customized by them work with your specific platform.

I looked in Acer's web site and the driver that is available for your laptop is version 20.70.0.5, please try a clean driver installation and test that driver:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-io/wireless-networking.html

https://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Driver/Wireless%20LAN/Wireless%20LAN_Intel_20.70.0.5_W10x64_A.zip?acerid=636709449938628318&Step1=NOTEBOOK&Step2=ASPIRE&Step3=ASPIRE%20A515-52&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=EMEA_27#_ga=2.117952969.1198350705.1579718217-1004688684.1579718217

Are there any other Wireless devices connected to that same Router? If that is the case, for testing purposes, please disconnect them and use just the laptop to verify if the issue persists.

Do you have the option to connect your laptop to another Router?

Please provide the SSU report:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

To attach the report, once you choose "reply" select the "clip" icon on the lower-left corner.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
JRasm7
Beginner

Thanx again for your assistance

1) Rolled back driver by deleting card and drivers several times. I went through several driver versions and had error codes at the network card and one of the Versions (error code 10 and 43ish).

Now I'm on the Version 20.70.0.5.

I manage to get internet occasionally all the way through with settings set to Automatic, but on a bit rate = 144 Mbps and same low speed. Had to go back to 20MHz only to get constant internet on low speed. No change really.

2 I have 29 devices Connected. It will take me several days to find and turn off all devices and then get them back again. I have allready messed my life up by deleting everything on my PC and used several hrs trying to get this PC working. Its not an option to turn off all Connected Devices. Please.

3) I tried in friends house with new driver where he gets 160Mbps while I get only 80Mbps. It worked occasionally with auto.

4) SSU Report Attached

Hope this help you helping me.

BTW. I can take it to the dealer With he warranty, but need to know that its not me doing somthing wrong.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello JRasm7, You are very welcome, thank you very much for sharing those details and the report.

At this point what we can try now will be to install the Intel® Generic Wireless driver version 21.60.2.1:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29258/Windows-10-Wi-Fi-Drivers-for-Intel-Wireless-Adapters?product=99446

If the problem persists after that, based on the fact that it worked fine before and that the Intel® Wireless-AC 9560 card came pre-installed in the laptop, the next thing to do as you mentioned, will be to get in contact with the dealer to validate the warranty.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
JRasm7
Beginner

Thanx

As expected no change.

Thanx for your assistance and the time u have spend

Best regards, Jes

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

JRasm7, You are very welcome, thank you very much for providing the results.

We are sorry to hear the issue persists, we are here to help you and hopefully this problem will get fixed by getting in contact directly with the dealer.

Any other inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos